PDA

View Full Version : Rockblocker?

beast
01-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Does anyone know of where I can car a Rockblocker kit for my 09. I already have 1 rock chip and I am not looking forward to getting more.

In case I am not saying it right, I am talking of the plastic type sheeting that you can install on the front of your car that is like a clear bra and is thick to help prevent rock chips.

BEAST

SRG963
01-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Dealership should know, or your local tint shop.

beast
01-24-2009, 12:11 PM
yea Gay Pontiac did not know, and the tint shops in the area are all ghetto. unless you want chrome tint or a big sticker of the virgin Mary in your back window they are of no help.

SRG963
01-24-2009, 12:16 PM
http://www.invisiblemask.com/installers_state.html
This is supposed to be the best on the market right now.

KaiserM715
01-24-2009, 12:17 PM
I am not sure if they do the clear bra or not, but Pablo Blue (Hwy 3 & NASA Pkwy) is the best tinter in this area. He did an excellent job on our car.

AusTXGT
01-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know of where I can car a Rockblocker kit for my 09. I already have 1 rock chip and I am not looking forward to getting more.

In case I am not saying it right, I am talking of the plastic type sheeting that you can install on the front of your car that is like a clear bra and is thick to help prevent rock chips.

BEAST

There is a place here in Austin that does them. I went by his place on Monday to get an estimate. $450 If you do a only half the hood and only go back to just behind the front wheels. $1100 if you do from the doors forward. Reading in some other forums the prices vary alot. I wasn't negotiating just researching so you can probably do better that $1100. I also believe you can buy the kits to do it yourself from the film suppliers. Labor is the killer, he was saying a full day maybe more for the full front end kit.

beast
01-24-2009, 03:44 PM
I have found a few kits that are do it yourself but they are not car specific, Just sheets of the material that you have to cut and make work. HUm I guess the search continues.

Chewy
01-24-2009, 04:48 PM
I had mine installed at the local stereo/tinting shop. They did the whole front plus a few other custom spots.

Chris

jeppsG8
01-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Had mine done about a month ago. Got a good deal (relatively speaking). I looked at several others that had been done for 2-3 years and didn't see any yellowing or cracking so I went for it. Salty-Sandy roads here in Utah are brutal on the front end. I did the full bumper, headlights, fenders to just over the wheels, hood up to the nostrils, and the back of the side mirrors. I still wonder if it was the best way to drop 5 bills or not. Time will tell I guess.

I went with the 3m product Clearshield instead of the ClearBra brand. Seems to weather better, although my G8 will be garaged so it might not matter.