PDA

View Full Version : Traction Control

Labatt
08-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Wondering if any body as seen this and what to do. The traction control is on then when you drive for a ways it goes off. When it goes off I can not turn it back on unless I stop and turn vehicle off. Then the process starts all over again. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Labatt

JR09country
08-07-2012, 09:27 PM
I don't know much about it but my car was a buy back through GM because of the TC module. I am not sure what the symptoms were but since i have been driving it I've had no such issues with 26k on the clock (car has 57k on it). Maybe it was doing the same as yours, at least you know you're not the only person with TC problems.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

GM Customer Service
08-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Wondering if any body as seen this and what to do. The traction control is on then when you drive for a ways it goes off. When it goes off I can not turn it back on unless I stop and turn vehicle off. Then the process starts all over again. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Labatt

If you would like me check this out for you. I would need you to send me your year, make and model.

Thank you,

Tina
GM Customer Service

TailG8er
08-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Mine does not come on at all.

It needs an alignment so after that it might need to go to the dealer for the steering angle to be recalibrated for the stability control. My steering wheel is off slightly. And now the trans acts like it is low on fluid, sometimes it free revs when it should shift and then hits harder than normal once it does shift.

It sucks to just let the car sit but I do not want to hurt anything by driving it until it is fixed. It worked fine before it sat for two weeks while I changed out the faulty LS3 chain tensioner even thought the traction control and esm lights were on.

Will be checking the fluid per the dealers instructions this weekend.

TailG8er
08-12-2012, 05:32 AM
Mine does not come on at all.

It needs an alignment so after that it might need to go to the dealer for the steering angle to be recalibrated for the stability control. My steering wheel is off slightly. And now the trans acts like it is low on fluid, sometimes it free revs when it should shift and then hits harder than normal once it does shift.

It sucks to just let the car sit but I do not want to hurt anything by driving it until it is fixed. It worked fine before it sat for two weeks while I changed out the faulty LS3 chain tensioner even thought the traction control and esm lights were on.

Will be checking the fluid per the dealers instructions this weekend.

It was low on fluid, I added a quart and now it works again. Prob needs the other two that seem to be missing from delivery from GM. What Crap.

Tulsa GT
12-17-2012, 08:40 PM
So was the trans low on fluid or the rear diff?

TailG8er
12-18-2012, 06:22 AM
So was the trans low on fluid or the rear diff?

The trans was low 1.5 qts. Traction control and stability control do not work. Willl be looking into it in the spring as its in storage for the winter.

09g8gt09
12-18-2012, 06:42 AM
I don't know if I believe that. ^^
When I bought my car in September my car was about 4 1/2 quarts low and I never had traction control issues.

TailG8er
12-18-2012, 06:49 AM
I don't know if I believe that. ^^
When I bought my car in September my car was about 4 1/2 quarts low and I never had traction control issues.

I did not mean they are related, two different issues.

09g8gt09
12-18-2012, 06:53 AM
Oh sorry lol

Fireroute59
12-01-2013, 09:52 AM

Cheers Labatt

I had my TC go off when an ABS fault came on on next start up no problem. This has gone on for a few years and not code was set. A while ago the TC light stayed on and would not go off by pushing the button and they had to do a global reset. This resets everything because the battery is disconnected and all power removed from computer. I was the 4th one to have this happen to.

Finally the ABS light came on and stayed on long enough to set a code and the fault was a rear speed sensor that is on order and to be replaced this week I hope.

I hate random faults