PDA

View Full Version : Stock G8 VS. Modded S2000

BigRob
01-23-2009, 01:30 AM
Man, what a fun night! Here we go... So im almost home, just getting off of work, and at the intersection before my house, i see like 5 or 6 imports in a row all revving at the light! they go across me the opposite way, and it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. They all turn into a gas station, and i follow. The first guy is in an S2000, and the others were just civics and acuras, all the ground effects, the whole 9. The guy in the S2000 asks me what im drivin, and i tell him about the car, he says he had never seen one before. i asked him about his, and he said that he had an Air intake, and a fat exhaust. other than that and cosmetics he was stock. His buddy says his car is pretty fast, so of course, i ask him to run a quick one on the freeway around the corner. Lol, he actually warns me that its pretty fast, and he takes v8s quite often! lol i said sure, lets run a bit....

We get on the freeway. No traffic. what could be better...
We line up at about 60 and he downshifts pretty low, i knew he was gonna jet. on the third honk, i floor it, and since im stock, i hit the great lag that is nicely included in the stock tune! the guy jets, immediately putting a car and a half on me, and im surprised! We are neck and neck until about 100 or so, then i start to pull, up to about a buck twenty. by that time i have about 3-4 cars on him. All this while there are like 4 of his buddys in their cars following us! it was pretty nuts lookin back to see all lanes full of hids as were racing! The next one, i wise up, kick it into sport (first i went drive, i always felt drive hit the lower gear faster than sport, probably not true but ive always felt that way) and a second after the second honk i punch it and we launch about the same time. Neck and neck again till 100, then i start walkin. I am pretty impressed with those things, i didnt think they were that fast! The third round, i do the same with the same results, neck and neck till like 95 100ish, then i start walkin. It was a great night! the guy pulls up after he hits his hazards and is just cheezin like there is no tomorrow! i wave and jam, heading back down south. First organized race, and it was cool. i really didnt think he would hang with me at WOT but he was right there. Im sure if we went from a dig it would be a different story, but nonetheless, it was cool. Man, i need some mods!!!

Mike P
01-23-2009, 02:00 AM
Wow, it does sound like those cars are fast (AND LIGHT), I'm wondering how the race would have been from a dig. But it's good to hear that you caught him & pulled on him.

BigRob
01-23-2009, 03:05 AM
Tell me about it!! I was very surprised. I know that the g8 isnt the fastest thing out there, but his was quick. Very. If he was FI it would have been over. I think i may throw it in manual and do the same next time, but i know there is a lag with those shifts too, esp stock. Oh well, it was a close few rounds, and he might have even let off earlier, it was kind of hard to tell.

blackbirdws6
01-23-2009, 05:15 AM
The lag in downshifting really killed you. I would recommend putting it into manual mode, slam the gas and throw it back into Drive. The s2000 is usually good for a very low 100mph trap in the 1/4 and they thrive off of a high rpm roll. They are not ground pounders by any means in stock form, but they are light and get going without much fuss.

Off a stop it would have prob. been a lot uglier.

The Commodore
01-23-2009, 05:33 AM
My uncle used to have one, he now has a 3.5L Maxima and he says that the Maxima is faster than the S2000 was. I was hoping to hear that Honda would put some balls in those cars but I come find that they rather cut off their balls by killing the whole car.

I want to race one. Hell I want to race anything that does a 1/4 in at least 14.4

99-LS1-SS
01-23-2009, 05:49 AM
I want to race one. Hell I want to race anything that does a 1/4 in at least 14.4

Why would you want to race something that is faster than you? :boxing:

lol j/k

Chewy
01-23-2009, 07:46 AM
When I setup on the highway I ALWAYS choose manual mode so I am in the heart of the power when I romp on it.

What you need is the VMS trans tune though. You'd have beat him by 6-8 cars! :zing:

The Commodore
01-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Why would you want to race something that is faster than you? :boxing:

lol j/k

I picked a fight with a new M3 and....well you know...lost, but it was fun. I got to see what they can do against us and frankly...I was surprissed at how my car kept a short distance between him.

TheTugBoat
01-23-2009, 10:01 AM
post tune i had an m3 try and walk away from me from infront of me...pulled in the difference and went flying around him...it was a vert tho, not sure how much that hurt him.

The Commodore
01-23-2009, 10:20 AM
post tune i had an m3 try and walk away from me from infront of me...pulled in the difference and went flying around him...it was a vert tho, not sure how much that hurt him.

New M3? I thought the vert for the new M3 comes out later. I've never seen one but have seen it in magazines. The old M3s aren't much of a problem when stock. The new ones rev to the moon.

BigRob
01-23-2009, 01:48 PM
When I setup on the highway I ALWAYS choose manual mode so I am in the heart of the power when I romp on it.

What you need is the VMS trans tune though. You'd have beat him by 6-8 cars! :zing:

Definitely! I really want to get tunes done, all i really want is the vararam plus tune from VMS. There are two tunes that i would need to get then, right? ECM+TCM. What do those run?

R.Penguin
01-23-2009, 03:15 PM
What you need is the VMS trans tune though. You'd have beat him by 6-8 cars!

Absolutely true. :p

norm8332
01-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Start off in manual mode at about a 50 MPH roll in 2nd. Then Sport mode (quick click back and forth) and Good bye!

BigRob
01-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Start off in manual mode at about a 50 MPH roll in 2nd. Then Sport mode (quick click back and forth) and Good bye!

Sweet. Thanks for the advice! As you can tell I don't race much!

TheTugBoat
02-02-2009, 02:05 AM
try 40 mph in 2nd...50 is a little steep you'll have to shift almost immediately...40 is about the sweetest roll speed these things have in my opinion.

TheTugBoat
02-02-2009, 02:07 AM
New M3? I thought the vert for the new M3 comes out later. I've never seen one but have seen it in magazines. The old M3s aren't much of a problem when stock. The new ones rev to the moon.

Not brand new but newerish...05 maybe? it was a rag top vert.