PDA

View Full Version : Are replacement trunk seals available?

dandragonrage
06-25-2012, 08:57 AM
I cut my trunk seal a bit while loading some plywood sheets into my car.. I'm not having leaks but I would rather replace it anyway for cosmetic purposes and for peace of mind. Does anyone know where I can buy a new one and/or what the part number for it is? I can't seem to find much info about it... I've wanted to do this for other cars and I never seem to be able to find a replacement door seal or trunk seal no matter what make or model that I am looking for. Not sure why. I'm an electronics and mechanics guy only, mostly anything else such as this and I'm a noob.. haha.

As a side-note, I would like to put the silicone fix (http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=13535) in my rear doors myself. I haven't noticed any wetness in the car but I'd rather do such a simple fix for more peace of mind before the problem occurs. Can anyone recommend a silicone (or alternate material) that will last a long time? I don't care how long it takes to cure or how badly it smells while doing so (but it obviously must not continue to smell bad - I don't want to smell it even on the hottest summer days). I just want it to last and be smell-free once cured.

Thanks

Dan

MIEngineer
06-25-2012, 09:19 AM
92232696 Any GM dealer.

dandragonrage
06-25-2012, 09:32 AM
92232696 Any GM dealer.

Thanks! Not sure why I was having such trouble finding that myself.