PDA

View Full Version : RevXtreme

superchargedGoat?
01-21-2009, 08:52 AM
Has anyone in the area dealt with RevXtreme in Sarasota??

Havatampa08G8
01-21-2009, 06:40 PM
I would like some info since i am in the sarasota area too!

zosoboogie
01-21-2009, 07:28 PM
well i was looking for info!!

bluebear
01-21-2009, 08:40 PM
STAY AWAY!!!!! Go there at your own risk! I know of a couple of people they have screwed over. Check these posts out before you make your decision. These are off of a local board.

http://mafia-motorsports.com/forums/gm_tech/11268-rev_xtreme_inc_question.html?highlight=Revxtreme

http://mafia-motorsports.com/forums/search.php?searchid=201338

Havatampa08G8
01-22-2009, 05:57 AM
Bluebare - i dont understand those links. you have to register to see them. what is wrong with RevExtreme? I heard on another board they have the finest in house tuner, but there are a lot of people mad at this girl named Tracy who works there? Its honestly confusing. I have a lot of money to spend on my new car and dont want to get taken!

bluebear
01-22-2009, 06:11 AM
Bluebare - i dont understand those links. you have to register to see them. what is wrong with RevExtreme? I heard on another board they have the finest in house tuner, but there are a lot of people mad at this girl named Tracy who works there? Its honestly confusing. I have a lot of money to spend on my new car and dont want to get taken!

The only thing they/Tracey can tune there is a carb. The guys that does 95% of there tuning doesn't even work for them.His name is Chris and he works for a different shop. Tracey has screwed many people over and will continue to do so as long as he is in business. I know many people personally.

BSmith
01-22-2009, 06:22 AM
Tracy is the owner of the shop. To a lot of people his business practices are questionable, especially regarding some loan payments with the previous owner. I have no experience with him so I can't say either way.

I am friends with a gentleman that decided not to invest in the shop though. He was excited about it until he dug in deeper, FWIW.

Havatampa08G8
01-22-2009, 06:34 AM
Superchargedgoat - sounds like we might want to avoid RevExtreme?

Blewbear - i dont need anyone to tune my carb - i run a super comp dragster and definitely know my way around a timing light and flathead screwdriver!

Atlas
01-22-2009, 06:56 AM
go over to LS1tech and delve into the FL section to see about their business practices... i was going to go to them and have them tune my TBSS when I first got down here, but I had many over at LS1tech tell me to steer clear... they had a tuner (he is gone now though) that messed up a lot of customers cars and as said above, tracy has some peculiar business practices... i would avoid them at all costs, especially with tuners like Formato, Mike Norris, Next Level Performance, EFI Alchemy, MaSport and a few others readily available in FL...