PDA

View Full Version : First Autocross Event - Houston

Hawgdawg
06-15-2012, 04:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yDdpxN-i6s

I took the G8 out to a BMW autocross event last weekend. This was my first time driving autocross. I was pleasantly surprised with the handling but now I have the bug to add suspension components (coilovers, bushings, sways, etc.)

Instructor said drifting isn't the fastest way around the track...ha! I had a bit of an issue getting the power down...new, wider stickier tires are probably in order as well.

Anyway...more fun than I imagined.

locrzn#92
06-22-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm taking mine to an event on Sunday, my first time also. I've done some work to mine and it handles pretty dam good, with the maggie its gonna be a hand full out of the corners just trying to get the power to the ground.

G8 GT V8
06-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Heeeere ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yDdpxN-i6s

Seattle09GT
06-23-2012, 01:21 AM
The wide blue painters tape is great to help prevent cone scuffs. I tape up the lower lip on the front clip and around the front fender wells. Don't forget to tape up behind the rear fender wells also - I got lazy and didn't tape back there and have some wicked scuffing from killing off some cones.

TonyKarter
06-23-2012, 08:44 AM
What track is that, and where?

TonyKarter
06-23-2012, 08:49 AM
HAWGDAWG! Now THERE is a name that says "We might have some common interests". Unlike....Perrier Colonic Lover or Shoe Taster.

Hawgdawg
06-23-2012, 05:03 PM
The track is the Houston Police Academy track on Aldine Westfield.

Hawgdawg
06-23-2012, 07:38 PM
The wide blue painters tape is great to help prevent cone scuffs. I tape up the lower lip on the front clip and around the front fender wells. Don't forget to tape up behind the rear fender wells also - I got lazy and didn't tape back there and have some wicked scuffing from killing off some cones.

I saw some people add the extra tape. I will in the future...I hit the same cone twice in two separate runs. :uhm:

locrzn#92
06-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Wow, I had a great time and my car was pretty fast for the first time out. I'm improved my time from my first run to the last run by over 4 seconds. Anyone who hasn't tried it should.