PDA

View Full Version : white pin found in passenger seat floorboard, where does this go?

hikeskool
06-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Gentlemen,

After a bit of “spirited” driving this morning (in Mexico, of course) I found this little guy on my front passenger-side floorboard. Sorry for the unclear picture. Does anyone know what this goes to? I spent a decent amount of time on my lunch break squirming around on my back, stomach, etc. with my headlamp on (FYI, it’s HOT in Oklahoma this time of years, fellas) and couldn’t find much or a matching companion to let me know where this one might go, etc.

Does anyone have any insight as to where this little guy might go? This is the kind of stuff that makes me super-nervous: although I know it won’t (likely) happen I’m worried my entire dash will explode in a flash of fiery destruction because this clip isn’t firmly in its home.

The upside is that the pin does appear to be intact. Does anyone know where this goes? Thanks for your help!

polo
06-04-2012, 02:35 PM
It's one of the pins that holds on the plastic down near the passenger's feet area on the left side. You can pull that piece off easily and re-install the pin. I'm pretty sure that's where it's from, but the rest of the plastic is probably held on by the same type pins, so it's hard to tell for sure. If none of the plastic is loose then I wouldn't worry about it.

LDM
06-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Like Polo said, it's one of the pins that holds the trim in place, either #22 or #17 in this picture.

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/images/parts/gm/fullsize/071112HE14A920.JPG

polo
06-04-2012, 02:59 PM
#22 is the one I was thinking of. Thanks for the diagram.

Sent from my iPhone 9 using Tapatalk

LDM
06-04-2012, 03:03 PM
They're both the same part number but #17 probably would've ended up between the console and the seat not the front floorboard, so I agree, it's probably one of the #22s. Here it is from CP's trim clip thread with the part number:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/PerthPurplePenguin/car%20parts/Clips/R1010613.jpg

hikeskool
06-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Woah. Thanks for the help! I will give it a better look-see when it's light out. Thanks again!

hikeskool
06-27-2012, 04:24 AM
I think it ended up being the #22. I compared it to the #17 and couldn't really see a big difference.

As it turns out, as polo suggested I haven't noticed any ill effects so i think I'm out of the woods on this one.

Thanks for the quick and detailed information!