PDA

View Full Version : 2012 SRT8 Charger

MoonPie
05-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Is not a $50k car by any means, maybe $40k on a good day. Was bored so I went and test drove one. Tried to give me $22k for my car and sell me the charger for $47k. Told the dumbass he was making my head numb and bounced. Foolish schnooks.

Eidolon
05-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Number one reason I could never drive a Charger? Automatic transmission only. Now the Challenger, on the other hand... Sexiful car.

Zodiac
05-28-2012, 08:54 AM
I prefer the 2012 300 SRT8 over all of them. A nice ivory tri coat with red interior and black chrome package. Mmmmm.

Lucifer
05-28-2012, 09:53 AM
22K for a M6 GXP?! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Zodiac
05-28-2012, 10:32 AM

LOL I didn't realize that, I just assumed at that price it was for a GT. That just makes me cry with laughter.

Lucifer
05-28-2012, 12:39 PM
You know they would flip it for ~$34k!

MoonPie
05-30-2012, 03:14 PM

And I've made it perfectly street illegal for them too!

Whitey72
05-30-2012, 03:54 PM
So they wanted to buy a $30k car for $22k and wanted to sell a $40k car for $47k? Id be all over that deal. LoL

TonyKarter
05-31-2012, 08:43 AM
One of the best tools to use in buying a car is some of their own lingo on them (in itallics) so that they know that YOU KNOW what they know. An old dealer saying is this: "Wholesale for wholesale or retail for retail." If you want me to pay retail for that new car you better be ready to offer me retail on my trade in. If you want to give me wholesale on my trade as it looks like you do by your offer then get real on the price of the new car and discount it to something behind invoice. You're not going to make money on me on both ends...so which is it going to be? You need to go back in there right now and tell your sales manager to give you the final pencil right now or I'm walking...is that fair? Note the figure they bring back and then walk anyway. I guarantee you those figures are STILL not their best deal. THey will call you within a day. NEVER make them an offer. Just show continued interest when they call and they will bleed it down gradually for you.

I saw a fully-contented SS Camaro on the lot the other day for $49K. WTF? When I can get a Boss302 for $43K? Bitches gotta get real...

MoonPie
06-03-2012, 03:15 PM
One of the best tools to use in buying a car is some of their own lingo on them (in itallics) so that they know that YOU KNOW what they know. An old dealer saying is this: "Wholesale for wholesale or retail for retail." If you want me to pay retail for that new car you better be ready to offer me retail on my trade in. If you want to give me wholesale on my trade as it looks like you do by your offer then get real on the price of the new car and discount it to something behind invoice. You're not going to make money on me on both ends...so which is it going to be? You need to go back in there right now and tell your sales manager to give you the final pencil right now or I'm walking...is that fair? Note the figure they bring back and then walk anyway. I guarantee you those figures are STILL not their best deal. THey will call you within a day. NEVER make them an offer. Just show continued interest when they call and they will bleed it down gradually for you.

I saw a fully-contented SS Camaro on the lot the other day for $49K. WTF? When I can get a Boss302 for $43K? Bitches gotta get real...

I basically went the ignorant route, stating, "I guess you guys don't want to sell a car today, audi!" I wouldn't purchase it for shit, shitty rear end, and a transmission that's been around since Moby Dick was a minnow. Plus that dealership is run by a bunch of failed abortions.

And they did call me back the next day, told them again to learn some basic mathematics and call me after they're mastered third grade addition and subtraction.

texn884
06-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Love it, Love it!

wnt2gofst
06-03-2012, 07:49 PM

Wow..dealer wife works at fully loaded ss's for 43k. Hell they just sold their only zl1 for invoice. While everyone else has crazy markups. They had it 3 days counting it arrived on Saturday. Wife sold it Monday. To.a women in KY.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

XXFire
06-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Wow..dealer wife works at fully loaded ss's for 43k. Hell they just sold their only zl1 for invoice. While everyone else has crazy markups. They had it 3 days counting it arrived on Saturday. Wife sold it Monday. To.a women in KY.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

My dealer did the same...
Sat for a week, nobody came... few asked how much was mark-up.. they sold for sticker...
Thought about selling the GXP for one... I'm gonna pass...