PDA

View Full Version : cooper zeon rs3-a rs3-s

AVIDMOTION
05-22-2012, 01:16 PM
My buddy recently purchased a set of Cooper Zeon RS3-A. These tires are listed as A for all season, but Cooper has S for summer too. They have a 500 AA A ratings! If you read up on them they have some cool innovations like blocks that move, multiple points on the tire have higher concentratioin of silicone making like little claws. He has an 011 Mustang GT 6 speed all stock with premium and sport package. His car had Pirelli P-zero nero summers which he thought was great before these new tires. He says they are better in every respect especially dry accelleration and wet driving. He has driven them like stolen and has achieved equal MPG and cannot define any wear. They come in lots of sizes, and CHEAP>

locrzn#92
05-23-2012, 02:45 AM
Avid is right, these tires are well priced and I sell the hell out of them. Great tread rating should get you around 50k if you rotate and keep your alignment up to date. Now, if you burn the hell out of them all the time your not gonna get that kind of mileage, no tire will. They are a great value and I've never had one come back for any reason. Wish they made them in my sizes cause I'd sell my self a set.

Camss57
05-23-2012, 09:55 AM
I have the RS3-A's on my car in the 19" size. Been on for a few months and I really like them so far.

AVIDMOTION
05-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Yea, 500 AA A, I did not even know that was possible, my BFG re050a are 140 A A, and I thought they grab great and last as well as all my tires-about 20,000 or about 1 year. My buddy drives his Stang hard so we will see if they last good. Plus Cooper is American made! They are also a sexy tread tire too.

STINSAN3
08-11-2012, 11:52 AM
I might have to give these a try after my Nitto's 555s are wore out.

AVIDMOTION
08-11-2012, 01:06 PM
I recently checked up on his opinion. Still says best grabbing tire even in the rain. Price is right

deputycrawford
09-06-2012, 06:18 AM
I plan to buy two new RS-3 A tires for my car as soon as I can. The tire place will put them on the rear because my rear ones now are the Extreme Contact DWS. The tire stores say they always have to put the newest tires on the rear of your car. That's alright with me. The Conti's are very unstable during straight line acceleration. The car is always wagging its tail while i"m heavy throttled. I will welcome a stiffer sidewall on the rear of the car. I just I would have known about these tires before I bought the DWS tires late last year.

Jerry

AVIDMOTION
09-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I asked him for an update, he said the tires are wonderful, has 26,000 on them, mostly highway and mean street driving. There is still more then half tread, still grabs in the dry and wet. He said he was so happy with them overall he put a set of coopers on his wifes van replacing the Michelins, he said he gets better mpg, less noise and great traction in both wet and dry. Cooper is now his go to tire company and he says they balance well, were not costly, and have an awesome tread pattern that is sexy too!

KDRobb
09-11-2012, 06:32 PM
How well will the all seasons hook up? Obviously they are no NT05 but I have really been looking at the Zeon all seasons even if I have to compromise some summer traction to gain it in the cold. It can get pretty crazy when the car shifts in to second or even third sometimes under throttle when it's cold out

AVIDMOTION
09-11-2012, 06:53 PM
I asked him again, he has the all season. I corrected my original post where he had the summers. So I believe the all seasons to be excellent. However I personally use General GMAX AS-03 all season tires, really 3 season. They are drivable in the snow, where as my goodyear eagle gt's actually sucked worse then summers. For the money I staying with the GMAX they are great in the rain or dry-like slicks! he he I can floor my car in the rain.

Chooch
04-30-2013, 12:08 PM
I know this thread is old, however I was able to get a set of these RS3-A's recently , 245/45/18's for 189 each installed. I had the General GMAX-AS03's before these and was not happy with them as they wore out due to a LOT of noise, turned out the 2 right side tires had belts that "shifted" cause a bad wear pattern and the noise. They were incredible in the rain however. So far the Coopers have been whisper quiet, handle well, a little softer in the side wall then the Generals, but for my use, they are excellent so far. And cant beat price.

AVIDMOTION
04-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Please keep us updated on these, probable going to go with these in the summers, though I do love my General GMAXs having no issues, I got 20,000 rough miles out of the rears, fronts look nearly new.

Chooch
05-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Please keep us updated on these, probable going to go with these in the summers, though I do love my General GMAXs having no issues, I got 20,000 rough miles out of the rears, fronts look nearly new.

My original RSA's went 48k before I put the GMAX's on. I am now at 78k when I put the Coopers on. The 30k mileage is about 5k less as I use a dedicated snow set up for winter. However so far I am liking them (RS3-A's) . As I put mileage on them I will update

Chooch
05-21-2013, 10:29 AM
1000 mile update. I am really impressed with these. Very quiet. As they wore in, the sidewalls are not as stiff as the Gmax AS-03's, but with the Coopers, the price point can't be beat. If you have a daily driver and need a 3 season tire. Or a modified that you need tires to get you to and from the track, these are worth a look.

AVIDMOTION
08-15-2013, 01:30 PM
How is the out right traction with the Coopers? Both wet and dry? How have the been lasting for everyone?