PDA

View Full Version : Factory Sub Volume

wwg8
01-18-2009, 02:55 PM
If you lean foward with your chin around the steering wheel and have a song on with a good thump to it, the volume and deepness of the subs are louder than sitting normal in your seat.

Must be the sweet spot.

Wife even noticed it on the passenger side doing the same thing.

SRG963
01-18-2009, 03:53 PM
It's the bass bouncing off the roof and front windshield :)

beast
01-24-2009, 12:01 PM
ahhh sound reverberation this happens a lot with larger vehicles. I.E. explorer, Taho

eliteautosport.net
01-25-2009, 11:20 PM
I love the factory system in these cars its awsome.. I got two comp 1200watt 12" subs going in mine thoe.

SRG963
01-26-2009, 05:23 AM
I love the factory system in these cars its awsome.. I got two comp 1200watt 12" subs going in mine thoe.

It sound's OK when you turn off all that extra DLL and EQ crap off. I have my T@+6 and my B@+1, stock amp has center setting and I added a single 12" Fosgate Pro DVC. My car now has perfect full range balance. I did have 2 12's, but the bass was overpowering the rest of the car. Plus the added weight slowed me down LOL

I would love to hear it loaded out with JL's.

bjrbm13
02-24-2009, 03:30 PM
I wasn't happy with my Factory Sound System till I found this on another site. Just wanted to share this it was buried in a thread. Found it late last night. Made changes first thing this morning. Its like a diffrent System now.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1617

Hope no one mines the crosspost

1BDG8GT
02-24-2009, 04:48 PM
how did you guys hook up your subs.i would like to also if it is not a huge job.are they to the factory amp or other

xfactor
02-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Anyone have problems with the sunroof rattling with some songs bass?
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

majesticix
02-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Sub is real easy to hook up:

Just wire tap into the speaker leads going to the factory amp into a line-out converter (make sure you tap into the IN leads, not the OUT or else you'll be getting the processed signal from the factory amp). There are diagrams out on these boards, just do some hunting.

Next, I purchased a 12V low voltage trigger for my remote turn on lead for the aftermarket amp which let me tap into one of the factory speaker wires. ( I believe this is what I bought, http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=370). I looked around for a 12V turn on in the trunk but to no avail. This was the next best choice without running anything up to the front.

Battery is in the trunk, a thing of beauty for your power signal. You have a nice little space for a single 12" box in the back left of the trunk. Sounds great.

Schinbone
03-05-2009, 08:33 AM
I kind of like the eq's rock setting. Loudness off, eq enhance all the way down. Sounds pretty good to me, at about 22-24 on volume. I have already decided the front door speakers are history. I really liked my infinity's in the Honda. Oh and I fixed the sunroof rattling by adjusting its position, slide it back and forth till you find the right place.