PDA

View Full Version : Where to start?

02angrybird
05-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Well as you all know I'm new to G8s and this forum. I've been reading quite a bit and I'm just not sure where to start modding the car. My mind is going in every direction. I'm a straightline kinda guy so horsepower is an addiction for me :prostock.

I was looking at a vararam, solo axle-backs, test-pipes(for now), a tuner(still not sure which 1), and an HSW plate kit:brock:.

Now my question is I'm over looking anything, or should I look into other/more parts. Keep in mind this car is still under warranty and this where I want to start.

travis gore
05-06-2012, 03:38 AM
I was looking at a vararam, solo axle-backs, test-pipes(for now), a tuner(still not sure which 1), and an HSW plate kit:brock:.

that is the best place to start

kendall.alston
05-06-2012, 03:49 AM
that is the best place to start

^^^... I agree. Could also start doing some suspension work as well. So when u do decide to break that warranty... You'll be already set!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wwx2ln
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02angrybird
05-06-2012, 09:40 AM
^^^... I agree. Could also start doing some suspension work as well. So when u do decide to break that warranty... You'll be already set!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wwx2ln
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about a rear bushing kit, but traction isn't really a problem when I have a pair nittos sitting around...

I'm not to thrilled about how the transmission shifts to be honest.

travis gore
05-07-2012, 01:39 AM
I'm not to thrilled about how the transmission shifts to be honest.

yep the trans does need some tuning!I have a Vector tune and the TCM tune is sweet! Shifts firmer in drive but in sport of manual mode it shifts really firm and quick.

vert
05-07-2012, 05:16 AM
If you plan to add some big mods later on like a cam, from my experience, I would stay away from a remote. If you go that route, look into the EFI Live. If you are just going to do headers and cai, then the vector tune will wake the car up for some great gains in HP.

deputycrawford
06-11-2012, 05:41 AM
My biggest mod seems to be the Circle D 245 MM 2800 RPM stall converter. I also have the American Racing long tube headers and exhaust, A Vararam CAI, and a Vector engine and trans tune. The trans tune is great, and will wake the car up big time.

Jerry

V6 LOL
11-08-2012, 06:55 AM
I would start with lowering springs and upgraded brakes. I just joined to forums/got my car, and after driving it, if I had some on the HP numbers other people do, I would definitely make sure I can stop quickly first. Plus that helps you in everyday driving especially during rush hour.