PDA

View Full Version : Cai

wwg8
01-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Spectre CAI with a custom made cover blocking off factory black hole area left when factory box is removed.

Roto Fab Valve and Radiator covers also.

Zach

GeorgeInNePa
01-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Open up the lower panel, if you haven't already.

If you can make your block off panel a bit bigger/extend it towards the radiator, it will be more effective and block the hot air from the filter.

Looks good.

wwg8
01-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Due to the angle that you have to send the filter in with the kick down tubes from the MAF it was going to be almost impossible to make the plate much bigger. If it was powder on the metal block off plate it might have worked, but I couldn't find powder to match. We had one at work that was close, just too much orange in it. Had to settle for wet paint and it chips easily. This filter is tuff to get in now. I have to actually bend the block off plate just a little.

Looking at adding a divider up from the bottom (or top) depending on how I can get in there, that seperates the side of the radiator and the air filter area.

LP, not yet. Waiting to see if I can get some fine filter mesh scrap from the Purolator filters we run on the laser at work. They call it Puroplate. Its about 4 layers of fine mesh pressed together.

This would stop rocks, sand, and such, but still breath extremely well.

Zach

locrzn#92
01-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Zach, look pretty good, it will still help in keeping some of the heat off the filter and get some fresh air to it. I see you got your other parts painted. Seems like I seen that set up before. Hmmm, I like it and must say nice job.

-Ray-
01-19-2009, 03:34 AM
Looks very nice. Good work.