PDA

View Full Version : Leather

wwg8
01-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Anybody know where to get the factory leather, or who does the leather work for GM?

Want to cover the arm rest to match the seats.

Thanks,
Zach

-Ray-
01-19-2009, 03:40 AM
Does anyone have a leather source?

09PBMGT
01-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Anybody know where to get the factory leather, or who does the leather work for GM?

Want to cover the arm rest to match the seats.

Thanks,
Zach

Sorry bout my other post. Had a few drinks, hahaha.
There is a guy in Tucson that does custom leather work and did a package for a custom G8 that was in the showroom at my local dealer. The company name is Jamis, u should be able to google it. If you want to ship them your arm rest, I'm sure they could do you up right. Good luck

wwg8
01-19-2009, 06:08 PM
No problem, to each their own.

I have done some mods, just want a little nicer interior also.

Thanks for the info, I will call and see if they could do a quote

Zach

TNTNT
01-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Let us know what you find out. I wouldn't mind getting my arm rest covered in a matching leather as well. I think it would definitely upgrade the look of the interior.

wwg8
01-21-2009, 03:38 PM
called the jamis place and they estimated around $125 with matching leather. said it could be higher dependin what they may have to do to the actual armrest to make sure it looks proper and will fit back to the car correctly. suggested that I mail it to them. emailed a company down south vettes but haven't heard back from them.

once the salt gets off the road around here, i'm going to get the car out and go by some local places and see if they can give me an idea.

zach

09PBMGT
01-21-2009, 06:51 PM
called the jamis place and they estimated around $125 with matching leather. said it could be higher dependin what they may have to do to the actual armrest to make sure it looks proper and will fit back to the car correctly. suggested that I mail it to them. emailed a company down south vettes but haven't heard back from them.

once the salt gets off the road around here, i'm going to get the car out and go by some local places and see if they can give me an idea.

zach

I'm not sure if the price Jamis quoted you was in the range you were looking at..... but I can say, they gave me a $1200 estimate for a complete front and back seat leather upgrade. This included stitching on the front side of the front head rests. They said, "GT"...... I'm sure they can add whatever u want btw. The owner also said that the leather was higher quality and more durable than the OME leather. Not sure if that's true, but that's what he said. They did a great job on my install, so I'm happy with them. Good luck!
Luke

R.Penguin
01-21-2009, 08:55 PM
You do understand that the "leather" on the G8 models is kangaroo hide I assume? These things are made in Australia and every morning there are 1000s of wounded 'roos littering the roads around Melbourne. It's tough as nails, and the price is right. Why do you think the heated seats are so warm? It's damn near impossible to kill a kangaroo!

wwg8
01-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Price was not bad. Would like to see some pics of their work if available.

Down South Vettes called and they quoted $220--ouch!

I will be glad when the rain comes to wash the salt off the roads so I can go to some local places.

Thanks for the info

Zach