PDA

View Full Version : Wortec 6 piston brake kit review

VegasNate
04-30-2012, 11:16 AM
This is my review of the Wortec brake kit as a customer. As these are installed on my personal car and purchased by me I can give you my honest perspective. First off, these kits are made to order with many different configurable options. I chose to get the "small" version. However, here is a breakdown of the various kits:

360mm 6piston
385mm 6piston
388mm 8piston
388mm 12piston
410mm 12piston

The kits have the following included:

Rotors, pads(Wortec specific with 3 levels of grade), calipers, lines, and all mounting hardware

Installation is pretty straight forward however I recommend it be done by a professional. You never want to take chances on your/others safety.

It is also very important to follow the break in procedures as part of the installation guide. Plus it is fun to do 10 back to back hard stops from 60mph.

Now that I've had some time to actually use the brakes aggressively, I can say that I definitely feel more comfortable in driving a 600hp+ car to its limits. For me it has become the icing on the cake. To compare stock brakes to these is just silly. Even the brakes on my Trailblazer SS look really small compared to the Wortec's. Obviously besides looking good they need to perform. And they do......you better have your seat belt on at all times! If you or your passenger have breast implants be careful......all it takes is one hard stop and you might have a broken bag of silicone or saline...just sayin'. The G8 is a heavy car to begin with and these brakes are definitely up to the task. I can't say it any other way.

It goes without saying that you have choices when it comes to aftermarket brake systems. There is nothing wrong with budget builds or saving a buck or two. I've built my car with the belief that you get what you pay for.(At least you should). You want to have the best products your hard earned money can buy. With Wortec you get that, and you get options. Size, color, pads. Have it your way from the start. You also want good customer service. Communication is key and through the entire order/build process Phil with Wortec has been quick to update me.

With this being my first product experience with Wortec, I look forward to the next one which will probably be the Exhaust system. The rear G8 brake kit will be released soon too.

I leave you with this: Anything worth buying is worth saving for......

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/NateTejeda/WORTEC1.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/NateTejeda/DSC04074.jpg

John@AutoAgenda
04-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Awesome review Nate, you will probably need every inch of those brakes to slow that best down and I agree, anything quality is worth saving for.