PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay area people

BlueJacket
01-16-2009, 06:49 PM
I am thinking of coming down in March and renting a condo. Any tips on finding condos that have weekly rentals?

Thanks

-Ray-
01-17-2009, 05:16 AM
My company has a vacation home in Tampa. I've never used it. I think I'll use it this year though. Rents to employees for $60 a week.

BlueJacket
01-17-2009, 06:03 AM
Wow $60 would be nice.

BSmith
01-19-2009, 07:10 AM
It depends on where you want to be. Tampa is pretty large. I assume you are coming for the beaches?

Some areas you may or may not want to be in. Treasure Island is nice but from what I saw, has a LOT of senior citizens. Zosoboogie would be the person to get a hold of as he has a motel in Treasure Island.

BlueJacket
01-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Found a condo on St Pete beach and booked it. I am mainly coming down to see the Blue Jackets play the bolts and I am going down to Sarasota for Reds spring training. I think we will also spend some time at Fort De Soto. Any suggestions on what else to do? Are there any good sea food places?

BSmith
01-19-2009, 09:48 AM
If you are bringing the family, Busch Gardens is a fun place. Otherwise, there isn't a ton to do.

Bradenton is the local 1/4 mile track, that's down there between St. Pete Beach and Sarasota. http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/calander.html has the calendar for March.

BSmith
01-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Oh, and were are ya from in Ohio? My mom is from Massillon.

BlueJacket
01-19-2009, 10:18 AM
If you are bringing the family, Busch Gardens is a fun place. Otherwise, there isn't a ton to do.

Bradenton is the local 1/4 mile track, that's down there between St. Pete Beach and Sarasota. http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/calander.html has the calendar for March.

lol my wife would kill be if I took her to a drag strip. She is already being nice by letting me go to a hockey game and baseball game.

I need to find something for her.

Oh, and were are ya from in Ohio? My mom is from Massillon.

I live a little south of Columbus, so Massillon is a little ways from me. They love their high school football up there.

zosoboogie
01-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Found a condo on St Pete beach and booked it. I am mainly coming down to see the Blue Jackets play the bolts and I am going down to Sarasota for Reds spring training. I think we will also spend some time at Fort De Soto. Any suggestions on what else to do? Are there any good sea food places?

Saint Pete Beach is a great place to stay, Restaurants are plentiful almost all serve seafood as for recommendations: a casual place is Crabby Bills, One of My favorites seafood and steak place is Salt Rock Grill, Island Way Grill, Sculley's on John's Pass. Can't go wrong with any of them. If you want more information check out these sites:

www.tampabaybeaches.com

www.visitstpeteclearwater.com

BlueJacket
01-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the info.