PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

Hell's G8te
04-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Got a decent tax return this year and was thinking of putting a portion of it towards my new G8. Just not sure what. Any ideas? Lighting, engine (CAI etc.), interior / exterior details, I'm game. But I am not sure what is available for this car that is quality and what is throwaway junk.

Help? :D

GTIngold
04-15-2012, 07:59 PM
First how much of a return are you willing to spend?

I would start with buying a tuner off of the forums here. Then an intake and mufflers. If you want to save some money make your own intake.

travis gore
04-16-2012, 02:25 AM
the best place to start is CAI (varraram or Roto-Fab) and a tune. A handheld tuner is good for a while. You can also go with a remote tune. Livernois or Vector can do a mail tune.

I see now that this is in the V6 section. Do you have a V6?

G8V6er
04-16-2012, 03:08 AM
the best place to start is CAI (varraram or Roto-Fab) and a tune. A handheld tuner is good for a while. You can also go with a remote tune. Livernois or Vector can do a mail tune.

MACE is the tuner for V6's and it's K&N and rotofab for them, but otherwise, yeah. Might also want to check out the manifold spacer from MACE, as that is supposed to help the V6 a good bit in addition to a CAI.

SRG963
04-16-2012, 05:48 AM
Upgrade the suspension IMO.

Hell's G8te
04-16-2012, 05:17 PM
First how much of a return are you willing to spend?

I would start with buying a tuner off of the forums here. Then an intake and mufflers. If you want to save some money make your own intake.

Under $500

Yeah, a V6

MACE is the tuner for V6's and it's K&N and rotofab for them, but otherwise, yeah. Might also want to check out the manifold spacer from MACE, as that is supposed to help the V6 a good bit in addition to a CAI.

So has the MACE tuner been proven yet? I heard it took some time for someone to 'crack the code' of the V6.

Upgrade the suspension IMO.

What does it need? Still new to the car.

schwartz
05-10-2012, 06:48 AM
For $500 you can either get a Cold Air Intake,Axle-back mufflers,or upgrade your midpipe....I have all 3.Another nice addition is HID's and LED's.Or you can spend a little extra more and upgrade your brakes to GT brakes.V6 brakes are very wimpy,rotors are too small and they heat up too fast and warp.I'm in Vancouver also so if would like to see what i have before you make your decision feel free to PM me.

schwartz
05-10-2012, 06:49 AM
$200 will get you Tint!

RichGG8
05-21-2012, 07:05 PM
go with the CAI...

G8V6er
05-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Under $500
So has the MACE tuner been proven yet? I heard it took some time for someone to 'crack the code' of the V6.

IIRC, Hazer has it and dyno'd it with good results. Just read that he is going to be hitting the track this year, so the proof will be in the pudding there. I've also read about some success with the G-FORCE chip in addition to a CAI.

My recollection is also that you really should have at least a CAI before getting the tune, so I would say start off with that. If you go with the rotofab you have the option of a dry filter, so you don't have to worry about oil on the MAF sensor if you accidentally over oil. Also rotofab makes a radiator cover that gives a nice look when used in combination with the CAI.

Seattle09GT
05-23-2012, 09:39 AM
$500 budget for mods on a V6 G8.

1) CAI and window tint

2) Tune and window tint

3) Axle backs and pocket $50 to $200

4) Auto dimming mirror, upgraded Atari gauges, glovebox light

5) VIM and CAI

6) VIM and tune

7) VIM and tint

Just some suggestions.

Hell's G8te
05-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Ooo, love the new posts. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Think I narrowed it to CAI (Rotofab), tint and lighting (for now). I am a sucker for lighting.

IIRC, Hazer has it and dyno'd it with good results. Just read that he is going to be hitting the track this year, so the proof will be in the pudding there. I've also read about some success with the G-FORCE chip in addition to a CAI.

Cool. Looking forward to seeing the results (as we all are, I'm sure).

$500 budget for mods on a V6 G8.

1) CAI and window tint

2) Tune and window tint

3) Axle backs and pocket $50 to $200

4) Auto dimming mirror, upgraded Atari gauges, glovebox light

5) VIM and CAI

6) VIM and tune

7) VIM and tint

Just some suggestions.

Upgraded Atari Guages? lolwut

Anyone think Oracle lights are nice or cheese? Just noticed them a couple of days ago.

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/G8.aspx

Seattle09GT
05-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Ooo, love the new posts. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Upgraded Atari Guages? lolwut

http://forum.grrrr8.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=15291&d=1282626786

Modified Atari gauges. Gives you Volts, Oil Temp and Oil Pressure.

Hell's G8te
05-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Oh I see. I am glad that I don't have the fugly stock Atari cluster despite there being a giant abyss in its place.

That setup looks very nice! Thanks for the pic ref.