PDA

View Full Version : Tuning

SFC
08-15-2008, 04:34 PM
So I'm wondering on the tuning front...

If I get a tune and the TCM *fixed*, but keep copies of the stock profiles, can a dealership tell if I have it flashed back to the original profiles before bringing it in?

In other words, should I be buying a second ECU to tune, and leave the stock stock. Of course, that still doesn't leave me much on the TCM front.

Bueller?

GRRRR8
08-15-2008, 04:40 PM
I bought the extra ecm for 2 reasons. Just incase and to play with in the future. If you are not going in for ECM type issues odds are they willl never check....unless they take it upon themselves to reflash any updates so they can collect from GM.

SFC
08-15-2008, 05:16 PM
I bought the extra ecm for 2 reasons. Just incase and to play with in the future. If you are not going in for ECM type issues odds are they willl never check....unless they take it upon themselves to reflash any updates so they can collect from GM.

Any place sell them besides vector? My uncle is a parts guy at a dealership... but I figure it may seem a bit odd when I bring the car in for service if they check my history and see an ECM in there :D

That, and I don't even know if they sell those direct.

GRRRR8
08-15-2008, 05:18 PM
You can order one and as long as they dont install it, no one will know but you.

SFC
08-15-2008, 06:07 PM
LOL, I guess I'll have to come up with a story for my uncle :D

GRRRR8
08-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Just tell him, "Unc I need a new ECM. If you dont ask me, I wont lie to you!"
:shutup:

-Ray-
08-16-2008, 03:06 AM
LOL, I guess I'll have to come up with a story for my uncle :D

Check the prices, you may be able to get it from Vector cheaper.