PDA

View Full Version : April 6th Woodbridge Meet...

I12XLR8
04-03-2012, 05:17 PM
I am going to be in the GTA over Easter and have been convinced that the Woodbridge 'car show' on Friday nights in 'the place to be' for car enthusiasts. I will be going a little later in the evening and would love to see some other G8's there.

Anyone planning to go?

If people are interested in getting a few G8's together PM me and I'll give you my contact info. Whenever I'm down I make a looooong night of it so anyone looking for some late night/early morning cruising to different cars-and-coffee meets throughout the area is welcome! There's not much of this yet in Ottawa so I get my fill when I can :brock:

I will be meeting with my HID/LED supplier for some warranty items and he does installs on the spot if anyone shows up and is interested. He'll also be letting me try out a Sprintbooster to see if I like it.

I hope to see some of you there!

peterg22000
04-03-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm interesteed, I'll need a little more info on location though.. and also that sprint booster.. :)

I12XLR8
04-03-2012, 05:48 PM
It's in Vaughan at the intersection of Martin Grove and Highway 7 (http://g.co/maps/w79jg) (the mall there). There are a couple of youtube video I found that showed a wide range of cars from exotics to ricers and classic muscle to pick-ups that attend. A picture from the March 16th meet looked to have well over 100 cars!!! Sometimes I wish I lived in the big city...

The Sprintbooster (http://www.sprintbooster.ca/) is a controversial mod that simply exaggerates your pedal travel data to the Throttle Position Sensor. This has the effect of having the car more quickly downshift as opposed to hunting for the right gear. Many guys think that it's a useless mod (especially for the $300 price tag - special price :cool2:) if used for performance driving. "I don't need help mashing the pedal down to the floor, thank you".

They are not wrong but might be missing the point of the product. With the very little experience I have with it I have found that the best use of this is during normal driving. The car doesn't engage 2 or 3 different gears as you moderately accelerate through a turn, for example. It seems to drop you into that 'right' gear much sooner and so avoids the 'lag' that most automatic transmissions have. My guy told me that it's a quick and painless install so you can try out the one I am likely buying if you are interested. I also found that it helped avoid the double downshift that often happens when you are at 75% pedal travel - the first shift not quite giving enough gearing and the second throwing you back in your seat.

peterg22000
04-03-2012, 06:18 PM
I knew what the sprint booster was, I actually bought one once(from that company), but the company was undergoing server updates and didn't get my order for 3 weeks (when I was going to a big car meet/cruise weekend) so i cancelled it.

If I'm able to make it, I'd love to give one a try..

I12XLR8
04-07-2012, 04:49 PM
It was great to meet you on Saturday night! Your car is gorgeous and I appreciate your help installing the Sprintbooster. It was nice to talk to someone about our car who has done work themselves and your car sounded awesome on the dyno!

The drive to Woodbridge was impressive with the booster on max and I am very happy with what it's done so far. $300 is still a bit much for what it does but for the time being I am happy with the improvement. It's hard to explain how you could notice the difference between mashing your pedal to the floor with and without the sprintbooster's assistance but there is no doubt that it makes a difference you can feel.

Woodbridge itself was exactly as described on the 'other' forum - filled with kids looking for excuses to make dumb choices - but I can say that I've done it and won't be back!

peterg22000
04-07-2012, 06:11 PM
It was great to meet you on Saturday night! Your car is gorgeous and I appreciate your help installing the Sprintbooster. It was nice to talk to someone about our car who has done work themselves and your car sounded awesome on the dyno!

Woodbridge itself was exactly as described on the 'other' forum - filled with kids looking for excuses to make dumb choices - but I can say that I've done it and won't be back!

Great to meet you too, I was nice to see in person what you've done with your car, those wheels look even better in person on it than in pictures, and now I know I want to do those breaks..

grandprixrollsout
04-07-2012, 06:29 PM

The drive to Woodbridge was impressive with the booster on max and I am very happy with what it's done so far. $300 is still a bit much for what it does but for the time being I am happy with the improvement. It's hard to explain how you could notice the difference between mashing your pedal to the floor with and without the sprintbooster's assistance but there is no doubt that it makes a difference you can feel.

I am not right often, but when I am - I drink dos Equis ;)