PDA

View Full Version : IT'S BACK! Breaking news

SRG963
03-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Looks like it's time to start saving!

http://blog.caranddriver.com/chevrolet-supersport-sedan-coming-in-2013-wagon-and-ute-body-styles-possible-for-next-gen-on-zeta-ii/

Chevy SuperSport Sedan Info

New Stuff: Two RWD Platforms On the Way

Today’s Zeta will morph into the lighter and even more flexible Zeta II for 2015, at which point the Camaro will move onto the Alpha component set also used by Cadillac’s ATS and next-gen CTS. Before that happens, though, Chevy will sell a pair of Zeta-based cars. Actually, the first of these is already on sale—if you’re a state, county, or municipal government that’s allowed to purchase imported products. (Many departments have rules that prevent them from purchasing vehicles not assembled in America.) The vehicle is the Chevrolet Caprice PPV.

The second vehicle, of course, is the most interesting. Perhaps as a way to justify future North American production of its cop car, perhaps simply because Chevy “gets it,” a civilized, civilian take on the PPV joins the model lineup next year. Wearing the SuperSport badge, the car will initially ride on the current Zeta platform and be offered exclusively as a four-door sedan. The SuperSport name and styling also will be applied to the 2013 Chevrolet NASCAR entry. The launch powerplant for the roadgoing car is expected to be the Camaro SS’s 6.2-liter V-8, pumping out something on the high side of 415 hp. A version of GM’s latest 3.6-liter V-6 will be added after the launch for the weaker of heart; we’d expect this engine to produce at least 320 hp. The SuperSport and the Caprice PPV will then migrate to the Zeta II platform in time for the 2015.5 model year. When this happens, full production will shift to North America, thereby delivering a much larger market for the cop version. In addition to the SuperSport sedan, a cropped-rear-overhang sport wagon and a Ute pickup are being considered for the North American market.

Zeta II also will be used for two Chinese-market Buicks starting in late 2014, and one or both of these cars could arrive in North American showrooms if it’s determined that brand needs large rear-drive cars. Conspicuously absent from the Zeta II plans is anything from Cadillac. That’s another story—and another platform.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/03/gm-considering-rwd-wagon-and-ute-for-u-s-market/

EDIT (OLD POST BELOW)

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/commodore-returns-chevy-announces-new-racecar-109445/

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/commodore-set-to-give-chevy-a-rev-20110331-1cnhg.html

The Holden Commodore is set to return to the United States in 2013, this time wearing Chevrolet badges instead of Pontiac.

The US website GM Inside News says it has leaked documents that state the Commodore export deal is ''operating as an approved program'' under the codename Z2SC, with models expected to be launched in the North American market sometime in 2013 under General Motors' Chevrolet brand.

There are also well-advanced plans to sell the Sportwagon and a ute version of the Commodore under the El Camino badge.

This current generation Commodore had a short-lived foray into the US as the Pontiac G8. Exports of the Australian-made sedan ceased when the GM-owned brand folded in the global financial crisis in 2009.
Advertisement: Story continues below

The Pontiac brand's axing cost Holden millions of dollars in lost revenue and put the future of its manufacturing facility at Elizabeth in South Australia in doubt.

But with the former Holden bosses Mark Reuss and Alan Batey holding senior positions in the GM empire in the US, the Commodore now has friends in high places. Mr Reuss is president of GM North America, and Mr Batey is vice-president of sales and service for Chevrolet.

The new export plan runs hand-in-hand with Holden's timeline for the next-generation ''VF'' Commodore, which will be on sale locally in late 2013........
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/SRGSRG963/1_chevy-commodore_420-420x0-1.jpg

SpeedRacerX
03-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Nice. They may just keep me in the GM family after all...
At least we should have more parts and aftermarket options, I hope.

Seattle09GT
03-25-2012, 11:18 AM
SPORTWAGON!!!

I want SPORTWAGON!

Oh, and PLEASE give us an option for a manual including in versions with all the "nice" options, not just stripped.

LDM
03-25-2012, 11:28 AM
The date on that article is almost year ago. As much as I wish it were true, I'll still wait till I see it to believe it.

DavesG8GT
03-25-2012, 11:38 AM
The date on that article is almost year ago. As much as I wish it were true, I'll still wait till I see it to believe it.

Very true. In fact it's even dated April 1st 2011. Could be an April fools joke article you never know lol.
The way the OP titled this thread makes you think this is brand new news. Until I see this happening, I for one am not going to get my hopes up.

WhiteDeathLSX
03-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Why wouldn't GM do this, eventually?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

WickedMom
03-25-2012, 12:43 PM
I would soooo buy that car.

Sent from my insanely great iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

SBM-09
03-25-2012, 01:23 PM
^ x2, no questions!

wnt2gofst
03-25-2012, 04:20 PM
I would soooo buy that car.

Sent from my insanely great iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Me to for the wife

Samsung Galaxy 2-better then your iPhone..

pokey
03-25-2012, 05:30 PM
I think it will happen, I don't think GM would allow a car in NASCAR which US buyers could not buy. http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/commodore-returns-chevy-announces-new-racecar-109445/

Marekv
03-25-2012, 05:57 PM
I just hope it shares the same basic body and structure of the current G8 so some parts can get swapped.

MIEngineer
03-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Guys. Date April FIRST 2011 on the article. It was a hoax. That's the photoshopped SS from a long time ago.

Eidolon
03-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Guys. Date April FIRST 2011 on the article. It was a hoax. That's the photoshopped SS from a long time ago.
Yeah, it is. Camaro hood on a Chevy Lumina.

Frankly, thinking about it, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to import the current Commodore for a second round. It's large, heavy, and not very fuel efficient. With gas prices on the rise, for the car itself, it'd be a nearly perfect repeat of the perfect storm that killed the G8 on its introduction. They also wouldn't have anything new in terms of features, packaging, or appearance to offer over the G8, save for the slight interior tweaks that came with the E3.

No, if GM plans to reintroduce the Commodore to the US, I would expect it would be the next version of the Commodore, which should still be RWD, but will be lighter and should feature the more fuel-efficient next-gen direction-injection V8 small block.

So...

Sorry guys, but I wouldn't ever expect to see the E1-E3 Commodore Stateside again save for the Caprice PPV.

SBM-09
03-25-2012, 06:56 PM
The only saving grace this car has of being a success sale/import is the fact NASCAR is interested in them.

MIEngineer
03-25-2012, 07:37 PM
What killed the G8 was not fuel prices or anything else.

Aside from one topic I wont touch, I am going to say lack of real advertising dollars tied to the G8 and the Pontiac brand in general are what put the nail in the coffin in the "public perspective" I would say...but I don't want to go into anything else.

Eidolon
03-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Aside from one topic I wont touch, I am going to say lack of real advertising dollars tied to the G8 and the Pontiac brand in general are what put the nail in the coffin in the "public perspective" I would say
The ad dollars did dry up really quickly. After the initial onslaught of ads, there was... nothing. The G8 just kind of languished in obscurity. I wonder how much of that was the fact that GM was rather preoccupied with its bankruptcy proceedings. Everything was up in the air.

Crazy Paul
03-25-2012, 08:09 PM
They also wouldn't have anything new in terms of features, packaging, or appearance to offer over the G8, save for the slight interior tweaks that came with the E3.
Sorry guys, but I wouldn't ever expect to see the E1-E3 Commodore Stateside again save for the Caprice PPV.

Ummm E1-E3 is HSV.[Clubsport,GTS,Maloo,Senator etc]
www.hsv.com.au

Holden make the Commodore VE Series1 and Series2.[Omega,Berlina,SV6,SS,SSV,Calais,Caprice etc] www.holden.com.au

G8 was closest to SV6 in spec
G8-GT was closest to SS in spec
GXP was like an SS but with LS3 (which only HSV used in Aust)

Value of the US$ has a huge impact on the viability of any exports from Australia.

MongosG8
03-25-2012, 08:30 PM
And if this does happen Do not expect to pay what all of us paid for our G8s. I'm sure these will be in the 40s and close to 50k.

-Ray-
03-26-2012, 01:54 AM
This is old old old news.

travis gore
03-26-2012, 02:04 AM
don't hold your breath waiting on this :)

SRG963
03-26-2012, 04:23 AM
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/commodore-returns-chevy-announces-new-racecar-109445/

donkeyGT
03-26-2012, 08:09 AM
:watch:

roman1978
03-26-2012, 08:16 AM
still no confermation yet on the new mdel

zepcom
03-26-2012, 09:19 AM
been two days since the post, where's the new car?

and where did that popcorn emoticon come from, I didn't think this bored had one! :)

JonnyG2132
03-26-2012, 09:23 AM
what are the odds that the cowl induction hood fits our car?

grandprixrollsout
03-26-2012, 12:17 PM
What killed the G8 was not fuel prices or anything else.

Aside from one topic I wont touch, I am going to say lack of real advertising dollars tied to the G8 and the Pontiac brand in general are what put the nail in the coffin in the "public perspective" I would say...but I don't want to go into anything else.

Agree w MI. Ad dollars werent there. People dont know about our cars.

donkeyGT
03-26-2012, 01:42 PM

and where did that popcorn emoticon come from, I didn't think this bored had one! :) :)

Crazy Paul
03-26-2012, 03:10 PM
and where did that popcorn emoticon come from, I didn't think this bored had one! :)

How's the FPV Falcon GT coming along?
:repair:
Rumour thread started Dec 2010 & still being posted in....you know where.

vert
03-26-2012, 03:34 PM
I think it'll happen as soon as the world runs out of petroleum.

-Ray-
03-26-2012, 03:51 PM

To be treated like a member and not an Admin from another board, you may consider how you post.

Crazy8
03-26-2012, 05:48 PM
I like having rare car. Not sure I want Chevy to bring it back in such a similar car.

LDM
03-27-2012, 03:33 AM
I like having rare car. Not sure I want Chevy to bring it back in such a similar car.

That would be the one downside. The fact that there's nothing else like it is one of the things that makes the G8 so special.

DavesG8GT
03-27-2012, 04:40 AM
I would think the value of our cars would go down quite a bit with the introduction of a new Chevy model. So I kinda have mixed feelings on a new one coming out too.

SRG963
03-27-2012, 05:07 AM
The latest information we've gotten suggests Chevrolet will bring the Commodore back to North America as a high-performance Chevrolet sedan," the site claims. "The car will be very low volume and likely V8 only." Holden spokeswoman Kate Lonsdale was quick to pour water on the rumours, telling Drive that the reports are purely speculative. "It's been speculated widely that the Commodore will return to the US," she says. "It's all based on a Chevrolet announcement, but we have nothing to confirm at this stage."
http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20120325a

zepcom
03-27-2012, 07:39 AM
To be treated like a member and not an Admin from another board, you may consider how you post.

I simply was participating in this thread. I am excited about potential 'good news on parts availability' futures as the Pontiac versions become more and more sunsetted.

And I like the new popcorn icon, it applies to this thread well.

How's the FPV Falcon GT coming along?
:repair:
Rumour thread started Dec 2010 & still being posted in....you know where.

Just watched a YouTube series on DBA for indexing rotors, and that was a falcon!

There are plenty of rumor threads out there on various forums, however, hoping that one of these is able to come to frutation.

Who wouldn't want a Ute or wagon with an LS3 ... or simply the sedan with current generation integration,touchscreen radio & bluetooth,and updated fresh styling to breathe new life into the 'cheaper than the ZL1 and Vette' space, but an all around musclecar sedan/ute/wagon. And the aftermarked performance options have been already proven worldwide so the possibilities are limited only by budget.

:)

I like the prospect of this potential future, and I'm entitled to my opinion, right?

--zep

Sent from my tapatalk

zepcom
03-27-2012, 07:42 AM
A long as DW doesn't take another ride in the v8 supercars and decide to film it again. :)

Sent from my tapatalk

SRG963
05-03-2012, 09:50 AM
For all the doubters...

Looks like it's time to start saving!

http://blog.caranddriver.com/chevrolet-supersport-sedan-coming-in-2013-wagon-and-ute-body-styles-possible-for-next-gen-on-zeta-ii/

Chevy SuperSport Sedan Info

New Stuff: Two RWD Platforms On the Way

Today’s Zeta will morph into the lighter and even more flexible Zeta II for 2015, at which point the Camaro will move onto the Alpha component set also used by Cadillac’s ATS and next-gen CTS. Before that happens, though, Chevy will sell a pair of Zeta-based cars. Actually, the first of these is already on sale—if you’re a state, county, or municipal government that’s allowed to purchase imported products. (Many departments have rules that prevent them from purchasing vehicles not assembled in America.) The vehicle is the Chevrolet Caprice PPV.

The second vehicle, of course, is the most interesting. Perhaps as a way to justify future North American production of its cop car, perhaps simply because Chevy “gets it,” a civilized, civilian take on the PPV joins the model lineup next year. Wearing the SuperSport badge, the car will initially ride on the current Zeta platform and be offered exclusively as a four-door sedan. The SuperSport name and styling also will be applied to the 2013 Chevrolet NASCAR entry. The launch powerplant for the roadgoing car is expected to be the Camaro SS’s 6.2-liter V-8, pumping out something on the high side of 415 hp. A version of GM’s latest 3.6-liter V-6 will be added after the launch for the weaker of heart; we’d expect this engine to produce at least 320 hp. The SuperSport and the Caprice PPV will then migrate to the Zeta II platform in time for the 2015.5 model year. When this happens, full production will shift to North America, thereby delivering a much larger market for the cop version. In addition to the SuperSport sedan, a cropped-rear-overhang sport wagon and a Ute pickup are being considered for the North American market.

Zeta II also will be used for two Chinese-market Buicks starting in late 2014, and one or both of these cars could arrive in North American showrooms if it’s determined that brand needs large rear-drive cars. Conspicuously absent from the Zeta II plans is anything from Cadillac. That’s another story—and another platform.

SRG963
05-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Can a mod fix the title display of this thread? Apparently a friendly mod felt my first post to be "useless" info.

Thanks

Crazy8
05-04-2012, 03:07 AM
How the hell are we going to fit another car in the website banner?!?!?

-Ray-
05-04-2012, 04:34 AM
I think it was old useless news the day it was posted.
Everyone wants to be the first to post when they think a new Holden is coming to the states.

zepcom
05-04-2012, 10:05 AM
ouch.

I am looking forward to the limited edition performance zeta from chevy. It will hopefully be a sign that GM is once again trying. At least it would be fun to throw one around on a test track somewhere... :popo:

BigRed585Lbs
05-05-2012, 08:57 AM
How the hell are we going to fit another car in the website banner?!?!?

Remove the dang Ford and keep the forum all General Motors.

Yeah, I know; Waa, Waa, Waa.

pokey
05-06-2012, 07:34 AM
For all the doubters...

No doubts here.. The reported NASCAR connection made me a believer...

SRG963
05-17-2012, 08:52 AM
New news

"As a passionate race fan and performance enthusiast, I am thrilled that Chevrolet will deliver a true rear-wheel-drive NASCAR racecar in the SS that is closely linked to the performance sedan that will be available for sale," said Mark Reuss, president of GM North America.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/7941421/chevrolet-ss-replace-impala-sprint-cup-series

STL_G8GT
05-17-2012, 09:01 AM
New news

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/7941421/chevrolet-ss-replace-impala-sprint-cup-series

Gm can get bent with this bullshit.

Last line of the espn article lists a quote by GM about how the Chevy SS is a great example of how they are able to leverage their global portfolio to bring an outstanding vehicle to a new market - racing / daily driver.

Hey, jackass, you had that THREE FREAKING YEARS AGO but killed it. Swoop in now to gloat at the "new" accomplishment? F off.

SRG963
05-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Chevrolet Announces New SS Performance Sedan

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2012/May/0517_chevyss

Shredmo
05-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Featuring the photo of the prototype Nascar supersport in the related articles is retarded.

BigRed585Lbs
05-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Pontiac's dead as a hammer, along with Olds. Wonder how long it will be until they kill off Chevrolet?
I don't give a rat's butt what the SS looks like; a BigRed one is gonna be in the driveway (IF they ever get 'em over here). Just hope it doesn't leak like that G8 did. If it does, I'll just go to Lowe's and get a shower drain to install in the rear floorpan. See the DIY section of this forum for my write-up.

They can't keep screwing up forever..............................can they?

BigRed585Lbs
05-18-2012, 01:54 AM
Here's more "retarded" at ya.

http://www.jayski.com/teams/chevy.htm

zepcom
05-18-2012, 06:11 AM
I'm amazed at all the media waloop about this announcement.

Will the average nascar fan be able to afford this Chevrolet SS?

Isn't that their target audience?

Hopefully the differences in the body shells will be more than stickers.

iaoun
05-20-2012, 05:51 AM
does this remind u of anything??

http://www.google.com.sa/imgres?start=297&um=1&hl=ar&tbm=isch&tbnid=DoFwoZHhOnfUtM:&imgrefurl=http://wot.motortrend.com/onstar-reveals-2014-model-year-for-chevrolet-ss-performance-cadillac-elr-198221.html/2012-holden-commodore-front-three-quarter-yellow-2/&docid=PsqLax2qd7fevM&imgurl=http://wot.motortrend.com/files/2012/04/2012-Holden-Commodore-front-three-quarter-yellow1.jpg&w=1500&h=938&ei=ffK4T6OEG8eWhQe6sNSKCQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=299&sig=113261004575507417763&page=11&tbnh=137&tbnw=188&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:297,i:22&tx=128&ty=105&biw=1440&bih=765

Photoshop maybe!! ... i really like the comaro-ized version tho!

Shredmo
05-21-2012, 05:02 AM
I'm amazed at all the media waloop about this announcement.

Will the average nascar fan be able to afford this Chevrolet SS?

Isn't that their target audience?

Hopefully the differences in the body shells will be more than stickers.

I thought it quite clever they camouflaged the nascar prototype. WTF...

Chewy
05-24-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm all over this vehicle if they come out with another GXP like model. I want more this time... I don't mind paying 40 g's for it.

SRG963
06-03-2012, 06:03 AM
2 Days ago, new spy shots were released. The more I see, the more I want. Talks of having a factory TVS1900 have me following closely.

Chevy SS prototype already taking the checkered flag

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/SRGSRG963/Chevy%20SS/FrontEnd.jpg
General Motors isn't set to begin producing the new Chevrolet SS until early next year, but the company has recently been spotted testing the model on U.S. streets. Our spy photographers managed to click a few photos of a heavily camouflaged version of the sedan before engineers spirited it back into the relative safety of the automaker's facilities. Even so, those on hand could easily hear the bark and snarl of an impressive V8 propelling the machine around. Odds are that's a naturally-aspirated 6.2-liter lump behind the headlights, though GM was using a Cadillac CTS-V chase vehicle to keep pace, leading some to speculate as to whether or not the company may be considering a supercharged version.

Sounds like fun to us. We can clearly see a set of massive front brakes at work on the machine, however. After a closer glance, it looks as if the Chevrolet SS may roll out the door with six-piston calipers on hand, though the wheel spokes make visual confirmation a bit tricky. The shots also clearly show off a muscular set of dual exhaust and meaty rear tires out back.

While most of the nose is obscured by camo, we can see a set of LED daytime running lights peeking through the mesh. The Chevrolet SS will be built alongside the next-generation Holden Commodore in Australia beginning in 2013. Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/SRGSRG963/Chevy%20SS/FrontCaliper.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/31/chevy-ss-prototype-already-taking-the-checkered-flag/

SRG963
06-06-2012, 11:31 AM
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/SRGSRG963/Chevy%20SS/holden-vf-commodore.jpg

Chewy
06-06-2012, 12:16 PM
I'll take mine in silver, no spoiler and can I get it with 430+BHP? This needs to be a DD winter and all so make it so I can get winter wheels and tires on it.

jonnynadeau
06-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Also, we don't need the AFM/DOD, and keep the kangaroo leather! Thanks GM!

iPhone, Tapatalk, enough said!

christiancoach
06-07-2012, 01:47 PM
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/SRGSRG963/Chevy%20SS/holden-vf-commodore.jpg

That is just a Coupe 60 front bumper, and Caprice headlights, and some Charger looking crap on the side, put on the current VE!

SRG963
11-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Some screen shots I captured of the Nascar version.
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/SRGSRG963/Chevy%20SS/01.jpg
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/SRGSRG963/Chevy%20SS/02.jpg
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/SRGSRG963/Chevy%20SS/03.jpg
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/SRGSRG963/Chevy%20SS/04.jpg
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/SRGSRG963/Chevy%20SS/05.jpg
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/SRGSRG963/Chevy%20SS/06.jpg
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/SRGSRG963/Chevy%20SS/07.jpghttp://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/SRGSRG963/Chevy%20SS/08.jpghttp://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/SRGSRG963/Chevy%20SS/09.jpghttp://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/SRGSRG963/Chevy%20SS/010.jpg

Eidolon
11-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Hmm. Interesting. I can definitely see how, with those headlight cluster decals, it will be an evolution of our car.

pic18
11-29-2012, 10:35 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/30/esyna6ys.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/30/e6y4y6un.jpg
From today's streaming video

Oldtimer
11-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Hmm. Interesting. I can definitely see how, with those headlight cluster decals, it will be an evolution of our car.

I love that Nascar is going to let them keep the front fender flared opening, as opposed to making it slab-sided.

SLA
11-29-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm actually more excited about the possibility of the GNX coming back. I just hope the do a good job on the body styling.

pntiwak
03-09-2013, 09:12 PM
that looks really cool, i can see people trying to put pontiac emblems or even bumpers and taillights to make it look more like a G8