PDA

View Full Version : GForce1320 1000HP axles are AMAZING

Eidolon
03-24-2012, 09:51 AM
So I bought Chuck's (gr8lover's) used 1000 HP GForce axles off of him last year and put them in in late September. Besides curing 95% of wheel hop (I can still get skittering on initial launch, but it settles out rather than increasing), I'm confident in knowing that I have tons of power headroom.

But in my opinion, since I wrench on my car myself, the absolute best feature?

I CAN UNBOLT THE AXLES AND DROP THE DIFF WITHOUT TOUCHING THE SUSPENSION!!!!111one

Sorry for going fanboy, but seriously. To me, that is AMAZING. I'm actually giddy. It shortens the job by SO much because I don't have to unbolt the rear control arms, deal with the persnickety parking brake cables, worry about the alignment, anything.

GForce, I'm a fan! Seriously!

wreckwriter
03-24-2012, 10:17 AM
How is it that you can pull the diff without pulling the suspension parts?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Eidolon
03-24-2012, 10:24 AM
How is it that you can pull the diff without pulling the suspension parts?

I've got the full axles, including the GForce stubs, joints, and half-shafts; so the axles and CV joints bolt up separately to the stubs. So I grabbed a 1/2"-drive wrench, 6" 1/2"-drive extension, 1/2"->3/8"-drive reducer, and a 10mm socket head adapter and undid the socket head bolts that held the CV joints to the inner stubs. After that, there's just enough play in the shafts where the splines hit the CV joints to let me pull the CV joints out of the stubs. Then I can drop the diff and pull the stubs out separately.

Eidolon
03-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Pictures!

Passenger side.
http://www.eidolways.com/images/G8/stubs/axlestubs-1.jpg

Driver side. The sheen on the stub you see here is the reason for this whole ordeal. For some reason, the inner stub on this axle popped out a bit just once, but I have no idea how long it was like that, and the effect it had was to damage the axle seal on that side. The diff has been slowly leaking ever since, with an occasional drip that's been enough for me to slip a sheet of cardboard under it.
http://www.eidolways.com/images/G8/stubs/axlestubs-2.jpg