PDA

View Full Version : Adam's Microfiber Utility Towels

TooManyHobbies
03-19-2012, 06:53 PM
I got a few of these as part of a Christmas present. Was working on cleaning the cars yesterday after the winter. I had a few in the detailing bag, never washed. I had some crud to clean up that I did not want to use the good towels on. Used the utility towels, they worked fine. Threw them on the pile on top of the dryer with the rest of the damp/wet towels when done. That is when the issue occurred.

Today I went to throw stuff in the wash. The black dye had bled into the white waffle weave and doublesoft towels. I should have known better, so I now have my white towels in bleach water to hopefully get them looking better. My main concern is the dark towel stain on top of the white metal dryer. Yes, I have a stain in the white enamel paint on the dryer. I worked on it with bleach and magic eraser, but so far, still there.

If you buy these towels, wash immediately separately and don't let them anywhere near a light colored surface.

MIEngineer
03-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Bummer. Thanks for posting.

I don't know if you have a costco membership, but they have some great microfibers in a 36 pack for $16. Great for misc stuffs.

MongosG8
03-19-2012, 10:07 PM
I found out the hard way too with those towels. Wife was pissed it bled into two bathroom towels. Noticed some of the dye was on my hands .. should've realized it was going to bleed.

MIEngineer is correct ..purchased the 36 pack almost the same quality as the black ones from Adams. I use them for all the misc jobs and crappy jobs that I will just throw them away after using. They came in yellow & green colors.

TCorzett
03-19-2012, 10:11 PM
I just used a couple of them last weekend while drying-off my wheels and noticed something similar... my fingers were purple. I wonder if I just need to "pre-wash" them.

-Todd...

MongosG8
03-19-2012, 11:07 PM
I ended up washing mine separately ..noticed the water was purple. LOL.
They are still bleeding just a little bit but for the $ I paid for them I will not throw them out. They are good utility towels and thats what they will remain as.
They are now part of my "who cares" pile of rags.

kevinm0131
03-20-2012, 02:25 AM
thanx for the heads up. I just got a couple of those and had not intended on pre washing. I will now!

MIEngineer
03-20-2012, 02:42 AM
I wash the costco ones. I have a few kitchen trash bags full of them ready for the laundry mat.

Ben@Adams
03-20-2012, 06:16 AM
Sorry about the bleeding towels... we have heard of issues with in wash dye transfer, but this is the first time I've ever heard of them transferring dye from just sitting on a surface.

Please email me (dylan@adamspolishes.com) or shoot me a PM to keep me updated on the issue with the stain on your washer... we'll make this right for you one way or another. I apologize for the issues.

LDM
03-20-2012, 08:29 AM
I doubt you'll find that kind of customer service at Costco

WickedMom
03-20-2012, 08:55 AM

+1 on awesome customer service from Dylan & Adams!!
Sometimes it's totally worth a couple extra bucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MIEngineer
03-20-2012, 08:55 AM

If you don't have a membership...then you are missing out. I've had awesome service at all the Costcos I go to. Never any issue. Love that place.

But I've also had awesome service with Adams, where I've probably spent over a grand or close to on product since owning my G8 [and bought a few pieces from their MI distributor at the dealer here in MI I saw at Autorama], on top of friends I've referred...so lets not start down that path of service etc ;) Yeah, they aren't the cheapest, but they offer a great product with great service. Pay to play...and you get what you pay for.

Costco is very convenient for basics/fuel where I go a few times a week, and I use their MF towels all over...not just for the car...just like some Adams products have come in handy in areas besides the car.

Overall, very satisfied :)

-Ray-
03-20-2012, 12:07 PM

You would be surprised. Costco took back a lawmower I bought that was 2 years old because the plastic gas tank developed a crack. I like Costco too.
Kudo's to Adam's for stepping up. I didn't expect anything different from them.

LDM
03-20-2012, 12:13 PM
I guess I wasn't trying to knock Costco, just that I'm continually amazed by how Adam's goes above and beyond. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by now. The nearest Costco to me is well over 50 miles away but we do have BJ's, which is like the same thing with a funny name.

TooManyHobbies
03-20-2012, 06:29 PM
I got out my bottle of acetone today and it removed the towel stain from the dryer. Whew!
Lucky it is a pretty hard/durable surface. Please prewash these towels!

MongosG8
03-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks Dylan for your concern.. One thing for sure is we can always count on you and Adams for superb customer service!
Spent a fortune with Adams in the last 3 years and never once did I have an issue that you could not correct. Kudos man!

richm52
03-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I recently ordered these towels and they're going into the wash now. I'll make sure they don't touch the washer and/or dryer.

TooManyHobbies
03-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Adam's really cares about customer service and satisfaction :thumbsup:

GXPaycheck
03-22-2012, 06:47 PM
There's at least one thread about it on the Adam's forum.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/microfiber-products/15895.htm