PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Door Not Opening From Inside

oesman
03-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Hey Guys,

So I gave my buddy a ride today and he found that the door wouldn't open when he pulled the handle. I had to let him out from the outside. This happened last week too when I gave the same friend a ride. The only thing I noticed is that each time he hadn't closed the door all the way, it was slightly ajar but not enough to trigger the light. He's always wearing cargo shorts with pockets full of shit so I think he's not closing the door all the way. Is this a known issue? I've never been able to replicate the problem myself or with anyone else in the car.

Panzer Leader
03-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Run a test with a "normal" paasenger w/o shit in their pockets. Remember to check your custom settings with regard to the type door locking you want. Did he try unlocking the door right at the handle the manual way? Did you try the electric door swithch on the console? Good luck.

oesman
03-18-2012, 06:42 PM
I sat in the passenger seat myself and could never reproduce the issue. No one else that I've given a ride to except this one idiot (who's hanging out at my house and watching me type this now) has had this issue. I'm going to check the manual for the options. He couldn't open the door with the door lock indicating unlocked from the inside, i had to open it from the outside by pulling the handle. I got in in his place, closed it and it opened just fine, tried it a bunch of times, tried locking, unlocking, etc... I would chalk it up to my friend's idiocy if it hadn't happened twice (both times to him.)

*EDIT: yea just tried it like 50x more times, can't reproduce oh well, just wondered if anyone else has seen this issue or if my friend is retarded.

MongosG8
03-18-2012, 08:58 PM
You not alone ..This happens if I have a passenger in the rear on the drivers side. Still cannot figure out what is causing it. I also tried to repeat it myself and so far no luck.

oesman
03-18-2012, 10:00 PM
You not alone ..This happens if I have a passenger in the rear on the drivers side. Still cannot figure out what is causing it. I also tried to repeat it myself and so far no luck.

When you let them out, you ever look to see if the door was partially ajar? This has only happened twice for me, both times with the same friend who both times didn't close the door 100%, but close enough to not light the dash warning.

MongosG8
03-18-2012, 10:19 PM
For some reason the back door never sounds like it closes all the way. Now I need to check if that's the case. I did not check that before.
I was looking at the latch to make sure it was not the issue.

STL_G8GT
03-18-2012, 10:21 PM
For some reason the back door never sounds like it closes all the way. Now I need to check if that's the case. I did not check that before.
I was looking at the latch to make sure it was not the issue.

U riding with some thick ladies? :)

goldz28
03-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Rear passenger door?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

MongosG8
03-18-2012, 10:44 PM
U riding with some thick ladies? :)

LMAO!! .. No my wife is 5' 9" @ 125lbs and my mother in-law weighs less.
My buddy is 6 foot at 240 and did happen to him when he was getting out. I sometimes think they are not slamming the door hard enough when they close it.

My issues was on the rear drivers side door.

goldz28
03-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned the child lock, open the door and look to see the toggle and that will make it to where you can only open the door from the outside. Cops use that feature...dang it.

-Ray-
03-19-2012, 01:48 AM
If you have your G8 to unlock in park, he could be trying to open the door prior to you putting the G8 in park. It won't open. You will need to lock and unlock the doors for the door to open from the inside.

MongosG8
03-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Thats a good point Ray. I know I'm guilty of doing that sometimes.

MIEngineer
03-19-2012, 03:07 AM
Change friends? Kidding ;)

oesman
03-19-2012, 05:59 AM
Rear passenger door?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

For me it's the front passenger side.

If you have your G8 to unlock in park, he could be trying to open the door prior to you putting the G8 in park. It won't open. You will need to lock and unlock the doors for the door to open from the inside.

I will try to recreate that scenario, but the door latch thing was indicating unlocked when he couldn't open it.

Panzer Leader
03-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Thats why I said to check your settings.

oesman
03-20-2012, 07:24 AM
Thats why I said to check your settings.

I checked my settings, they all seem normal, unlock on park, lock in gear, etc.. :(