PDA

View Full Version : Moved to St. Louis - Need a Dealership Referral

soup070
03-15-2012, 04:17 PM
My wife and I moved to STL (Pacific) about two weeks ago, from Springfield, but we both grew-up just outside STL. Well down in Springfield, Mo at Thompson’s Sales I knew our Sales (Digger), Service Tech (Phil), and the GM Goodwrench Manager (Quentin) by Name and was trying to get acquainted with the local area favorite dealerships. My parents/family members have purchased from Bommarito, Carrol Rehma (Linn, MO), and other non-GM counterparts – but wondered if you guys had a preferred area, dealer, salesman, or SERVICE TECH that won't care if there's some aftermarket parts on my G8? I you can help me out either PM me or leave a post please, I probably need a service asap.

The reason just a week before our move my wife who drives our GT noticed a front squeak and it has continued to get louder on her drive to St. Johns (keep an eye out for her traveling up 141 to Conway in the morning) so I greased our sways Monday. I drove it today and what a racket it made up front I know its not my sways unless they’re falling off. I know for a fact that my Strut Mounts are out and probably the bearing too, I could turn the top strut nut pretty easy over a ½ turn & quite a gap is under the cap. Just every turn, dip or bump brings it out. I just hope that GM doesn’t void our warranty because of my sways (last dealer said it would be no problem unless they were the culprit). Legally they could void my suspension warranty, but if I gave me problems I’d do the sucky thing and change back my front bar. I just sucked putting it in by myself in the first place. Also, I usually got MrGoodwrench to change my oil (usually brought my own oil/filter) just hated to do in my own drive and after doing stuff like that all week I didn’t want to do it on my time off. Basically that’s why I need a dealer that can be trusted, also we’re probably going to trade in our xc90 (145k) coming this year, put 5k on a month for a Cruze Eco 6M or 2012 Sube Impreza.

THANKS JOHN

Lucifer
03-15-2012, 05:07 PM
I can put you in touch with my old master mechanic up there. Guy is beyond top notch, works for a major local dealer but has a large home shop, anal as all hell, ex-Air Force, and works on anything from VW and Mitsubishi to Lambo and Ferrari.

STL_G8GT
03-15-2012, 05:09 PM
I can put you in touch with my old master mechanic up there. Guy is beyond top notch, works for a major local dealer but has a large home shop, anal as all hell, ex-Air Force, and works on anything from VW and Mitsubishi to Lambo and Ferrari.

Give me his name as well....