PDA

View Full Version : IRS type Shootout who would like to see this happen & when ??? PLEASE READ AND REPLY

ULTRA Z
03-15-2012, 09:55 AM
MISSISSIPPI MOTORSPORTS PARK in Lena, Ms. is going to put on a IRS Shootout open to all brands. There will be a manditory street crusie.
Classes include a Bracket race, DOT tire all motor class, DOT tire Power Adder Class, Real Street Radial Class, Best 3 run Average, and closer to the end of the night there will be a Heads Up Class any tire any fuel.

Real Radial will be any common street tire with a treadrating of 200 or higher so no drag radials this shoudl be fun to watch and will be more difficult for stronger cars

feed back please

wreckwriter
03-15-2012, 10:08 AM
12 hour haul for me :(

ULTRA Z
03-15-2012, 10:55 AM
yea i've made that drive to west virginia a few times. it would probably be later in the year unless it gets a nuff talk. I'd like to see it happen if there is a nuff racers interested

wreckwriter
03-15-2012, 12:17 PM
If it were to become a big deal and I were able, I might go for it. I recommend checking out the East Coast IRS Shootout threads and, at least to some degree, copying it. They had a fantastic prize, nice loose rules, etc. Was a great time.

ULTRA Z
03-15-2012, 08:02 PM
well do i'm gonna try and get something going for them. and of course us.

ULTRA Z
03-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Whats everyones thoughts on opening this up to all brands GM, Ford, Dodge so on. As long as its IRS rear suspension??????????

We are looking for input people. Thanks

wreckwriter
03-16-2012, 05:47 AM
It'll fill up with Rustangs if you do.

ULTRA Z
03-16-2012, 09:12 AM
yea i'm afraid of that. well if i start getting some interest then it will be GM in not then well can't have a race without interest from racers

Daniel Linnett
03-16-2012, 09:37 AM
It's 6hrs for me. If it does not interfere with my campaign or family obligations I would make the trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ULTRA Z
03-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Edited first post

Daniel Linnett
03-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Hmm would be interesting for me to decide what tire to choose. Not sure how the turbos are going to like the DOT tires but I think it will be easier then the Hard hitting tvs2300.

wreckwriter
03-19-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm out. I don't do events with street tire rules.

Daniel Linnett
03-19-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm out. I don't do events with street tire rules.

ET Street Bias Plys would work just fine for you. Just have to setup tune accordingly. But I understand you are a Drag Car and not a street car. You should come anyways though.

wreckwriter
03-19-2012, 09:04 AM
I know they would work fine but I don't have any and not going to buy any. Way too far to travel for what would amount to, at best, just a bracket race. As soon as any event rules start focusing on street equipment I bag out.

ULTRA Z
03-19-2012, 10:33 AM
I know they would work fine but I don't have any and not going to buy any. Way too far to travel for what would amount to, at best, just a bracket race. As soon as any event rules start focusing on street equipment I bag out.

thats why i am asking for feed back. I am trying to make classes that will be fair and get a good crowd...... I thought you were on Hoosier quick time pros

And the decision to make it open to all brands came after 4 days and hundreds of views on several different boards the only feed back and replys i got was on this thread. So we had to do something to get a nuff cars to even have a race

wreckwriter
03-19-2012, 11:09 AM
I run slicks, have no carpet, not much interior, one seat, no mufflers and race car stickers. I don't fit a lot of events except for the ones designed for race cars. Its no biggie, I probably wouldn't have come anyway due to distance. You can't please everyone, nobody knows this more than me. That why I always ask questions about rules before I commit to an event.

and most especially, I don't do gas wasting cruises :)

ULTRA Z
03-19-2012, 11:52 AM
I run slicks, have no carpet, not much interior, one seat, no mufflers and race car stickers. I don't fit a lot of events except for the ones designed for race cars. Its no biggie, I probably wouldn't have come anyway due to distance. You can't please everyone, nobody knows this more than me. That why I always ask questions about rules before I commit to an event.

and most especially, I don't do gas wasting cruises :)

well you are a set of hoosier quick time pros from meeting the rules since it only needs one seat to be a streetcar, Ms has not set legal DB for noisey mufflers and no emissions, stickers are cool, and carpet is for your living room. and as far as interior that don't make it more or less streetable. the crusie isn't long. I well we are doing a class later in the night no tire restriction your fuel of choice heads up and i'm gonna talk to them about letting this be a Good Payout. Just keep a eye out on this thread and see if it starts to form into something you like :) i may let you use the GTO wheels i just bought i'm gonna put a healthy dot slick on them. I wouldn't mind at all lord knows i don't need them yet lol

wreckwriter
03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
I'll watch the thread but I'm highly unlikely.