PDA

View Full Version : Do u have to tune for the UDP?

09PBMGT
01-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Just like the title states...... do you have to get a tune/retune (in my case) for an underdrive pulley? I've heard 5-7 rwhp for these... but is that legit? Sounds like one of the best mods for the price out there for the G8! We're all spending thousands of dollars for 30-50 Hp.... so this seems like a logical purchase. Throw in your .02.

Vector.... This is question directly geared towards you.... I've already ordered your re-tune for the LT's, but should I wait for the install on the UPD before I get ur retune?

Not just for VMS.... this ? is for everyone..... I'm not a noob, but, I'm not the most educated as it goes. Thanks gents!!!!!!!!!!!

p71
01-14-2009, 11:01 PM
no tune required... tunes are just for changes in the amount of air or fuel going through the engines.

or wheel tire changes

and a couple of other things I am sure I forgot.

09PBMGT
01-15-2009, 01:03 AM
Thanks you sir.... I appreciate the information. Any additional info. I.E. horsepower... pros/cons.... problems.... etc. Thanks

done12many2
01-15-2009, 01:29 AM
Thanks you sir.... I appreciate the information. Any additional info. I.E. horsepower... pros/cons.... problems.... etc. Thanks

Keep in mind that even though you will not really feel this mod in the "seat of the pants," doesn't mean that it isn't doing anything. You are freeing up weight on the rotational assembly, therefore the gain will be throughout the powerband which is less detectable. It is making a difference, just one you may not really notice that much.

No tune is required for this mod.

Chewy
01-15-2009, 06:55 AM
I think my engine revs quicker with it on.

I think Mike at NEP saw around 5bhp but saw a larger gain at the track.

Chris

G8Smitty
01-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Keep in mind that even though you will not really feel this mod in the "seat of the pants," doesn't mean that it isn't doing anything. You are freeing up weight on the rotational assembly, therefore the gain will be throughout the powerband which is less detectable. It is making a difference, just one you may not really notice that much.

No tune is required for this mod.

I think it is the opposite of what you are saying. 5 hp is not really noticeable in the grand scheme of things, but the UDP feels like the car is quicker. I noticed an improvement in the "seat of the pants".

Since you have the Maggie, I could understand if you felt no difference. (:jealous)

todds87ss
01-15-2009, 06:58 PM
I felt nothing...and no tune required. I did not do before and after track times.
I do not think it possible to "feel" 5hp. Science and mathematics says that if you reduce rotational mass, you will yield a power benefit. Like Religion, I have not seen anything, but that does not mean it's not there.
I guess I'm Mr. Ambiguity today...