PDA

View Full Version : Pontiac Corporate Office?

Blackdevil77
01-14-2009, 06:31 PM
You know were I can find the number for the corporate office if I end up having to call them tomorrow? Also, is there a copy of the rule that says my warranty can't be voided unless the mod is the cause of the failure I can print? I have a feeling even if they admit to there being something wrong, they'll try to tell me i voided my tranny warranty because of the headers or something.

GRRRR8
01-14-2009, 06:46 PM
The dealer has to prove that the mod caused the failure and this issue was long before the headers were installed. Take a note pad and start getting names, if you are not satisfied, request a # for the GM zone office in that area as this will be the 3rd time and you want to start the lemon law proceedings. I guaranty they willl fix it at that point.

Blackdevil77
01-14-2009, 06:48 PM
oh ok. Thanks Charlie. I'll do that. They can't refuse to give me that number right?

GRRRR8
01-14-2009, 06:53 PM
oh ok. Thanks Charlie. I'll do that. They can't refuse to give me that number right?

If they do, get that persons name and request to speak to the General Manager.

Blackdevil77
01-14-2009, 06:56 PM
If they do, get that persons name and request to speak to the General Manager.

ok ill do that. Thanks Charlie. I'll be on my own tomorrow so any and all advice from the more experienced is appreciated.

GeorgeInNePa
01-14-2009, 07:08 PM
There will be a Customer Care/Service number in your owners manual. That will get you Pontiac Corporate CS.

They might be able to help you also.

The Toyota dealership I was having trouble with got a little better when I bitched to Toyota.

GRRRR8
01-14-2009, 07:13 PM
The difference is Toyota cares and has a zero tolerance for dissatisfied customers and GM doesnt, but once Lemon Law gets brought up they magically fix it.

Blackdevil77
01-14-2009, 07:16 PM
I need me a copy of this lemon law

GRRRR8
01-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Google it. Its basically any vehicle that has retuned 3 times for the same issue and can not be repaired GM has to buy it back or replace it.

GeorgeInNePa
01-14-2009, 07:22 PM
http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/NY_law.html

GeorgeInNePa
01-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Google it. Its basically any vehicle that has retuned 3 times for the same issue and can not be repaired GM has to buy it back or replace it.

It's a state law, some states require up to 5 tries.

NY seems to be 4 or more.

GeorgeInNePa
01-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Are There Any Exceptions To The Manufacturer's Duty To Refund Or Replace?

The manufacturer does not have a duty to make a refund or provide a replacement car if:
(1) the problem does not substantially impair the value of the car to the consumer, or
(2) the problem is a result of abuse, neglect or unauthorized alteration of the car.

---------------------------------

Expect to hear this.

GRRRR8
01-14-2009, 07:25 PM
If that is the case make sure you get documentation everytime you go and get documentation from previous visits if they didnt give it to you.

Blackdevil77
01-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks for all the help guys, I really do appreciate it. I'm gonna print that page out and bring it with me tomorrow just in case. Tomorrow is gonna be the 4th time. I only have one question...
"authorized dealer is unable to repair the car after a reasonable number of attempts"
Problem is they never tried to fix it. They just drive it and keep telling me nothing is wrong.

SRG963
01-15-2009, 04:32 AM
Thanks for all the help guys, I really do appreciate it. I'm gonna print that page out and bring it with me tomorrow just in case. Tomorrow is gonna be the 4th time. I only have one question...
"authorized dealer is unable to repair the car after a reasonable number of attempts"
Problem is they never tried to fix it. They just drive it and keep telling me nothing is wrong.

At this point, you have to prove to them something is wrong. Can you duplicate the problem? If so, then you need to be doing the driving while the SM rides along with you. Make sure you pull the Service Manager to ride along and not a tech. I had to do this with my Cadillac, they drove it 3 times and couldn't find a problem. First trip out with me driving, the manager hears the problem and had my car ready the next day. My case, the steering gear would whine when turning sharply.

If they can't duplicate/find a problem, they have no reason to repair anything. Things have to be proven these days :nud:

GRRRR8
01-15-2009, 04:34 AM
It doesnt shift as others do, so that qualifies. If they didnt have anyone there that was experienced with these cars, that isnt your problem or fault.

wreckwriter
01-15-2009, 04:34 AM
Best luck Mario.

SRG963
01-15-2009, 04:39 AM
Just be patient with them. Ask them if any employees own the G8 GT, then have them compare the cars. Or maybe compare a demo to yours.

If all else fails, find another dealership....some are better than others.

99-LS1-SS
01-15-2009, 05:26 AM
I'm shocked that George could find something on the internet!

Mav
01-15-2009, 06:30 AM
lemon law is different for every state, be sure to do your own research.

Blackdevil77
01-15-2009, 07:01 AM
Thanks guys. I'm about to leave now. It just sucks it has to snow. It's 16 degree's out now and snow just keeps comin down.

Blackdevil77
01-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Ok just brought it back. First off, they ordered the tail-light, that's done. Then We tried to drive the car. It was very snowy, so i couldn't really drive it. All he saw was the clunk when changing gears. The shifting, couldn't even bring it to above 2000 rpm or it would slide everywhere. Gonna drive it again in the clear weather when i go back for the tail-light. Here's the bad part. They scanned it for codes and, they found 4 codes. One for the headers, and a few others i can't remember so basically, the cat is outta the bag. They know about all the mods. He told me to not touch the car again until the 3600 miles when the warranty is over but he said he's not gonna tell the rep or anything. He wants me to put the car back the way it was before I come back. Can't change the headers but i guess ill swap the intakes before the next visit. Oh and one of the guys behind the counter knows me from the GTO forums. Apparently a lot of the GTO guys know who I am and he heard of me from the boards.

Mav
01-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Ok just brought it back. First off, they ordered the tail-light, that's done. Then We tried to drive the car. It was very snowy, so i couldn't really drive it. All he saw was the clunk when changing gears. The shifting, couldn't even bring it to above 2000 rpm or it would slide everywhere. Gonna drive it again in the clear weather when i go back for the tail-light. Here's the bad part. They scanned it for codes and, they found 4 codes. One for the headers, and a few others i can't remember so basically, the cat is outta the bag. They know about all the mods. He told me to not touch the car again until the 3600 miles when the warranty is over but he said he's not gonna tell the rep or anything. He wants me to put the car back the way it was before I come back. Can't change the headers but i guess ill swap the intakes before the next visit. Oh and one of the guys behind the counter knows me from the GTO forums. Apparently a lot of the GTO guys know who I am and he heard of me from the boards.

guess what? I'm a rep and now I know. :nah:

wreckwriter
01-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Why didn't you clear your codes?

Blackdevil77
01-15-2009, 01:58 PM
because I would have to get the performance tune from somebody right? IF I did they wouldn't they see the tune?

Blackdevil77
01-15-2009, 01:59 PM
guess what? I'm a rep and now I know. :nah:

:bm:

SRG963
01-15-2009, 02:01 PM
:bm:

LOL

I think the more you can make it "appear" stock the better. Engine cover and stock air box should be good since you can't do anything about the headers...

Blackdevil77
01-15-2009, 02:28 PM
I can bring it to brian to clear the code's and that's it. Would that show up as performance tune? Unfortunately the dealer knows about all tunes. He let me see the computer screen and up popped past uploads from hp tuners and guess what, file from VMS!!! They can find it all now.

SRG963
01-15-2009, 02:32 PM
I can bring it to brian to clear the code's and that's it. Would that show up as performance tune? Unfortunately the dealer knows about all tunes. He let me see the computer screen and up popped past uploads from hp tuners and guess what, file from VMS!!! They can find it all now.

Can you get another ecm from kirk? May want to have a spare for emergency warranty trips.

Blackdevil77
01-15-2009, 03:59 PM
That's true but that still doesn't hide any tcm tunes. I'll still do it. it's better than nothing.

Ktlplxm
01-15-2009, 04:25 PM
MAybe its just me, but those little mods wouldn't cause that problem anyway. Pontiac has been having to do numerous repairs on the A6's. They had to replace my entire tranny before the piston disintegrated in my engine. It's annoying when they try to find a way outta paying for something that was happening anyway, by blaming something else. If the 6L80 can't take the power from these little upgrades, how is it gonna hold up in the new CTS-V?

SRG963
01-15-2009, 04:57 PM
CTS-V has a 6L90 six-speed automatic

todds87ss
01-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Mario,
Here's what I would do if I were you...
1. Get a new ECM stock tune from VMS. Also, return the TCM back to stock. This part should be a no/low cost item
2. Find out why you have codes from the header install and fix it. If it is from cat delete, then put high flow cats on it and restore functionality of the rear O2s. Getting rid of the codes and tunes will make it very difficult for them to blame you. You can always reinstall the tunes when your car is fixed.
3. Read up on the Magnuson Moss act. It describes the process that the dealership has to go through to deny warrany service.
4. File a Customer Service complaint with Pontiac, then the BBB. Get a file number and a contact name.
5. Finally, start researching the Lemon law for your state, and document EVERYTHING. Your only ally in this process will be how much you know about the process. They will try to BS you at every turn.
I really hope it works out. I have been there before, and am batting .500.

Blackdevil77
01-15-2009, 09:52 PM
thanks guys for all the help. Im gonna try to get the problem worked out next week when the tail-light comes in. The service manager said to call him directly and we will get a better drive goin on. Today I was more impressed with this dealer than before. When I told them what the other dealer told me about the tail-light they laughed and just oh my god, here we'll order it. Service manager saw the mods and didn't void anything. He just said to clear the codes, put it back to stock (I'll put the stock air-box in next visit) and depending on how the car drives. It seems to behave when it's at the dealer. So annoying.

Blackdevil77
01-17-2009, 09:37 PM
omg guess what! Decided to try a launched for old time sakes (didn't do one in a really long ass time) and it shifted at exactly 6000 rpm!!!!! No that thats fixed, I got other f&$^ problems!!!!

G8-SSV
01-18-2009, 05:56 PM
I don't understand - does your dealership have a bunch of morons there?
I gave you a .pdf to print and give to them. Did you do it? What did they say?
When dealer works of TSB, they don't have to communicate with rep or try to prove anything to the manufacturer. All they need to do is refer to a TSB when they submit the claim...
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=2753&page=2

Blackdevil77
01-18-2009, 08:41 PM
I did show them but my car wasn't made in the within the manufacture date time

G8-SSV
01-19-2009, 12:31 AM
:poke:2008-2009 Pontiac G8
i dont see any VIN brake point on the TSB ....
Vehicles built in the January through August, 2007 time frame are more likely to have leaking fluid seal rings
but it is all the way thru 2009 G8s...

billyb21
02-06-2009, 04:34 PM
3 strikes and there out