PDA

View Full Version : need help quick

wreckwriter
01-14-2009, 09:03 AM
I need to know where the battery vent tube connects. Its a clear tube comes off the top/side of the battery. where does the other end go????

GRRRR8
01-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Should be a hole in the floor under the battery.

wreckwriter
01-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Should be a hole in the floor under the battery.

Saw that but the end of the tube looks like it was on a nipple.

GRRRR8
01-14-2009, 09:44 AM
I dont have the car here to look, but I thought it just pushed into a grommet.

Chewy
01-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Sounds like what most motorcycles have with a lead acid battery in them.

You don't see the nipple on the top/side of the old or new battery?

I'd go outside and look.... But it's -20 wild chill right now. Sorry...:)

-Ray-
01-14-2009, 12:05 PM
If it wasn't cold and snowing I'd go take my battery out.

wreckwriter
01-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Looks like there was some type if fitting on the end of the hose outside the body, likely just to keep the hose from pulling back into the trunk. mine is gone so I used a vacuum tee to jury rig it.

My battery area was a MESS. Battery had leaked and it took me hours to clean all the acid crap up. I recommend checking your battery trays.

todds87ss
01-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Tom,
Have you had any work done in that area. I'm wondering why the battery area was bad. Do you think this will become a regular maintenance item?

wreckwriter
01-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Tom,
Have you had any work done in that area. I'm wondering why the battery area was bad. Do you think this will become a regular maintenance item?

nope, nothing. Battery just leaked. Shitty battery?

GeorgeInNePa
01-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Looks like there was some type if fitting on the end of the hose outside the body, likely just to keep the hose from pulling back into the trunk. mine is gone so I used a vacuum tee to jury rig it.

My battery area was a MESS. Battery had leaked and it took me hours to clean all the acid crap up. I recommend checking your battery trays.

It leaked or did it come out the vent?

wreckwriter
01-14-2009, 07:43 PM
It leaked or did it come out the vent?

Not certain. If the vent hose pulled back into the car (since nothing was keeping it from doing so) it could have been from the vent hose.

I didn't realize there was a vent hose til I pulled the batt out.

-Ray-
01-15-2009, 03:34 AM
I wish I had taken my battery out before it got to 8 degrees below zero. Looks like I'm just going to buy a new battery this spring.
How much of a mess was it Tom?

wreckwriter
01-15-2009, 04:23 AM
I wish I had taken my battery out before it got to 8 degrees below zero. Looks like I'm just going to buy a new battery this spring.
How much of a mess was it Tom?

Big. Yours is probably OK, no reason to think this is common.

Chewy
01-15-2009, 05:49 AM
Big. Yours is probably OK, no reason to think this is common.

Agreed! I had my truck all torn out to install the Dynamat and it looked (like new) lol

I want to get a higher CCA battery anyway this spring. I'd love an Odyssey but it'll probably be to costly.

99-LS1-SS
01-15-2009, 05:54 AM
I want to get a higher CCA battery anyway this spring. I'd love an Odyssey but it'll probably be to costly.

I'll do this too probably.