PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Rattle

Livetosurf
08-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Hello all,
My sunroof rattles and when it closes from being open (not tilted) it snaps into place with a loud snap. The rattling is loud enough that I hear it over the somewhat low radio.
I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if so, have you had it fixed? If someone has had fixed, what had to be done.

EcoBrick Bob
08-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Mine completely crapped out about 2 months ago. The good news is that my local dealer replaced the whole bottom part with a kit and the thing works better than ever(3-4hrs labor). Before this happened, I noticed that mine wasn't exactly level (right side rear was higher than left) and I had quite a bit of wind noise.

Now works, and is finally quiet. At the time, there were only 2 repair kits in the country, and I got one within a week... Means that there aren't that many problems with the sunroof....

Good Luck!

RRM

Livetosurf
08-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks Rob.

SRG963
08-16-2008, 03:42 PM
try spraying some wd-40 on the rails to lube it up:thumbsup:

EC-Ryder
08-20-2008, 02:57 PM
I don’t think there is an issue with them either. Mine has worked flawless since I got delivery, but the glass should be even with the metal on the roof all the way around and the gasket material as well. If not it should be adjusted.

Cheers!

EcoBrick Bob
08-20-2008, 04:27 PM
I agree... Think mine was the fluke!!!!

At least it now is quieter than ever....

Much quieter than the Hellendia 710 from Wabasto that I installed in my GTO. That roof was great at first. Now has a small whistle.... Think I have fixed it, but since car is in FL and install was in Minneapolis.. I have a long drive for a tune....

RRM