PDA

View Full Version : Trans Cooler

edmanet
01-14-2009, 04:51 AM
After looking at a window sticker on a GXP ...here's what I saw on the sticker:

* ENGINE, 6.2L V8 SFI ALUMINUM
* TRANSMISSION, 6 SPEED AUTO W/ DRVR SHIFT CNTRL & SPORT MODE
* TRANSMISSION COOLER

Is that a "real" trans cooler [not like the old days where the trans lines are routed to the radiator] ??? If so does anyone have any images or a part number ??

jbradsh1
01-14-2009, 05:47 AM
After looking at a window sticker on a GXP ...here's what I saw on the sticker:

* ENGINE, 6.2L V8 SFI ALUMINUM
* TRANSMISSION, 6 SPEED AUTO W/ DRVR SHIFT CNTRL & SPORT MODE
* TRANSMISSION COOLER

Is that a "real" trans cooler [not like the old days where the trans lines are routed to the radiator] ??? If so does anyone have any images or a part number ??

Good question. With the tcm tunes (increased line pressure, faster shifts, etc.) and the increased hp I would think that a trans cooler would be a very good idea. I hope someone in the know can respond to your question.

SRG963
01-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Wow, hope it's a real cooler.

Ktlplxm
01-15-2009, 04:39 PM
I doubt it (but I could be wrong). Besides it isn't a deliberate lie, they all have trans coolers. Kinda like saying your car has a camshaft....

ronbuick
01-15-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm thinking he meant aux. cooler along with the factory one in the radiator, like a towing package in a truck.

Ron

edmanet
01-16-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm thinking he meant aux. cooler along with the factory one in the radiator, like a towing package in a truck.

Ron

That is correct. I looked on my G8GT window sticker and no where does it
state TRANS COOLER. But it has it on the GXP window sticker. So I'm thinking
that with the 415HP LS3 that GM engineers thought the trans temps need to be kept down.

Andy@Livernois
01-16-2009, 11:09 AM
hmmm... Don't quote me on this, but generally speaking GM only lists a trans cooler when it is external from the radiator. I would surmise that the GXP will be utilizing a higher stall converter in concert with the 3.27 gear out back so this would require an extra capacity cooler...

until someone really gets a good look at one it will only be guessing...

jbradsh1
01-16-2009, 12:26 PM
hmmm... Don't quote me on this, but generally speaking GM only lists a trans cooler when it is external from the radiator. I would surmise that the GXP will be utilizing a higher stall converter in concert with the 3.27 gear out back so this would require an extra capacity cooler...

until someone really gets a good look at one it will only be guessing...

Flawlessly logical. Keep us posted Andy.