PDA

View Full Version : Backup Sideview Mirror Assist

matts88yj
02-27-2012, 04:53 AM
Hi CP! Just had a quick question for you. I took notice that on some of the newer models Commodores that when you shift into reverse, the passenger side mirror points down so you can see the curb while parallel parking. I didn't know if the side view mirrors had different wiring harnesses than say my 09 GT or if that was something strictly in the BCM or possibly both. Just wanted to run this by you and see if there are any sources available for this. Thought it would be a slick little feature to have.

Thank you again for your time and service!

Crazy Paul
02-27-2012, 10:40 AM
The Holdens will be dipping the left mirror and you'll be wanting the right mirror to dip.
If you send me the links to the cars or info you've been looking at (to save me some time) I'll see what I can discover.

SRG963
02-27-2012, 01:35 PM
I just manually do it....I'm happy it's not all the time, as I typically don't need it.

Plus, it wears out the motor.

Greg@PacePerformance
02-27-2012, 01:43 PM
I had this on my Trailblazer SS and it was annoying when backing out of my drive every morning. I ended up turning it off.

warbird
02-27-2012, 02:23 PM
I had this on my Trailblazer SS and it was annoying when backing out of my drive every morning. I ended up turning it off.
Same here, my wife almost hit more stuff with it turned on!

skinsfangreg
02-27-2012, 03:04 PM

+1^^^
It's great the 5% of the time you need it. It sucks the other 95%. I disabled it on my Avalanche.

Kermit
02-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Is there any way to limit the amount of travel that it points down? Sounds like a nice feature to me.

matts88yj
02-28-2012, 05:19 AM
I believe I saw this feature outlined in one of the owners manuals I received from you. I didn't have a chance to look at it last night but I can double check again tonight after I get home.

On a side note I did receive my package yesterday. Thank you again!

Night Train
03-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Wow. This would be awesome. I've rashed a rim from this. I have to parallel park since I'm outside. But I guess between my VIM with back up and manually lowering the mirror is no excuse.

Night Train
05-04-2012, 04:53 PM
No chance of this happening?

matts88yj
05-05-2012, 08:44 AM
I figured for the amount of times I would need it I would just manually move the mirror down when needed. Now with that said, if there was an option of say when the mirror mover position is to the passenger side the side view goes down when put into reverse and when it's on the drivers side or middle the mirror stays put, that would be slick. Hope that makes sense.

Night Train
09-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Bumpage!!!

Crazy Paul
09-18-2012, 05:33 AM
Bumpage!!!
See Post #2.
Somebody check out 2011 Chevrolet Caprice (detective car) mirrors and see if they have what you want. At least the mirror housings and glass will be Left Hand Drive. Then the problem will be Series2 v Series1 wiring and electronics only.

Chewy
09-18-2012, 06:39 AM

Our Enclave has this... I MADE my wife turn it off... Actually I turned it off and told her not to even try to turn it on. MAN was that annoying...

I'm hoping the new SS doesn't have all that crap. Rear view camera, crash avoidance, and if they do, I hope it's an option. I want a down and dirty high HP car. I drive it to work and back. I don't need GPS.

Chris

khaneric
09-18-2012, 04:40 PM
See Post #2.
Somebody check out 2011 Chevrolet Caprice (detective car) mirrors and see if they have what you want. At least the mirror housings and glass will be Left Hand Drive. Then the problem will be Series2 v Series1 wiring and electronics only.

My buddy is going to look into this and let me know.

khaneric
09-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Just heard back... the Caprice does not have this feature.

Night Train
09-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Just heard back... the Caprice does not have this feature.
Thanks for checking.

Night Train
09-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Our Enclave has this... I MADE my wife turn it off... Actually I turned it off and told her not to even try to turn it on. MAN was that annoying...

I'm hoping the new SS doesn't have all that crap. Rear view camera, crash avoidance, and if they do, I hope it's an option. I want a down and dirty high HP car. I drive it to work and back. I don't need GPS.

Chris

There is nothing wrong with taking "advantage" of modern technology to assist you in being safe. The race guys do it. Maybe it isn't rear view cameras, etc but they use ABS, TC, paddle shifting. To each their own, of course.

Night Train
09-26-2012, 06:18 PM
See Post #2.

Thanks Paul.