PDA

View Full Version : Diablosport inTune reveiw

Camss57
02-23-2012, 08:50 AM
I just tuned my 08 G8 GT with the new Diablosport inTune. This was my first time doing anything like this and I gotta say it was super easy. I don't think it took more than 10 minutes start to finish. The unit is very compact. it's smaller than my cell phone! As for how the car runs, I will have to add more to this thread later. I just had new lifters, pistons, and rings installed under warranty and I need to put some miles on the car before dropping the hammer down. I did disable AFM. I could tell that the car had better throttle response right away. The only negatives I can say now is that TCM support is on the way, but not hear yet. I don't know how long I am going to have to wait for that, but hopefully not long. The other thing is the unit seems almost to light and fragile. There is not much weight to it at all and is mostly plastic. It would be nice if the case was all metal/stainless like my ipod. It did work as advertised and is made in the USA! I will add to this when I get a few more miles on the car and when the TCM support becomes available.

98aggie
02-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Let us know if you need any help with the tune. As patrick g suppirts the intune unit.

Camss57
02-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Let us know if you need any help with the tune. As patrick g suppirts the intune unit.

Thank you, when my powertrain warranty expires I plan on getting some headers. I will be contacting Patrick G for the tune.

GTPprix
02-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Wait diablosuck brought out YET ANOTHER tuner without TCM support? No offense dude they have been telling people TCM support since like 2005 don't hold your breath :(

-Ray-
02-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Wait diablosuck brought out YET ANOTHER tuner without TCM support? No offense dude they have been telling people TCM support since like 2005 don't hold your breath :(

Haha, I was waiting for this.

mgm6.0l
02-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Why didn't you go with the Cortex?

Brazarabit
02-24-2012, 03:31 AM
very interesting thank

Camss57
02-24-2012, 05:53 AM
Why didn't you go with the Cortex?

Because you can change more things with the inTune. I have 30 days to try this out. The TCM suppot does worry me. I might have to return it and get something else.

BehemothGXP
02-24-2012, 12:37 PM
very interesting thank

Hmmm? Two forum posts that are odd and exactly the same....
:hmm:

wreckwriter
02-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Hmmm? Two forum posts that are odd and exactly the same....
:hmm:

He's gone.

Anon
03-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Anyone have any dyno numbers on this thing yet? Actual sheets rather than mfg claims

kje141
03-12-2012, 04:14 PM
I have a cortex for sale if you want to go that way!

Slizzo
03-14-2012, 07:06 AM
I've been looking at this inTune unit to replace the Cortex as you can do pretty much anything with it. Won't be getting it until they get the transmission tune support working though.

Also, the Predator has had transmission support for quite a while now for our cars, so if you are a diehard Diablosport guy that option is still open to you.

Phuton19
03-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Are there any huge advantages/disadvantages between this and the cortex?

Slizzo
03-30-2012, 11:07 AM

Yeah, you can use it to flash custom tunes to your vehicle, and you have much more control over what it is doing to your car. It's a lot like the tuners that you can get for the Subarus.

Camss57
03-31-2012, 01:31 PM

Still no TCM support with the inTune though!

JoshHefnerX
04-07-2012, 11:33 AM
I had been watching the Diablo forums for the last year plus. They kept promising tcm and it never came. At one point they fessed up and said that the predators didn't have enough memory to hold the tcm and that the trinity's and intunes would.... I see that has not come to fruition... Very disappointing. Diablo get on the ball.

Mr09G8GT
04-10-2012, 07:01 PM
I also bought the intune. I'm planning on getting headers soon n am looking for someone who can do a custom tune for me seein as the intune jus has a 91 octane tune. I must say it does make the car perform alot better. Ther is definitely alot more power to the tires now.

Slizzo
04-11-2012, 07:35 AM
I had been watching the Diablo forums for the last year plus. They kept promising tcm and it never came. At one point they fessed up and said that the predators didn't have enough memory to hold the tcm and that the trinity's and intunes would.... I see that has not come to fruition... Very disappointing. Diablo get on the ball.

Trinity does have TCM support, has for a year or so now.

inTune we will have to wait and see how long it takes them to port that stuff over.

Camss57
04-11-2012, 08:51 AM
I also bought the intune. I'm planning on getting headers soon n am looking for someone who can do a custom tune for me seein as the intune jus has a 91 octane tune. I must say it does make the car perform alot better. Ther is definitely alot more power to the tires now.

Pat G could tune it for you....

Mr09G8GT
04-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Thanks I'll b sure to check with him. I want to b able to keep using the intune since i did drop $400 dollars on it.

Camss57
05-14-2012, 08:06 PM
I though that I should update my reveiw. I ended up returning this product because of the lack of TCM support and it's still not out yet.