PDA

View Full Version : Looking for GM bulletin PIP4395F

macvicar24
02-22-2012, 12:12 AM
Trying to get a PDF or be able to print the updated bulletin on the 2-3 flare issue. I need to take my car in for this problem. My dealership is difficult to work with. So I need some type of documentation to prove to them what I am talking about.

Anyhow, I wanted to see if anyone has access to the most recent bulletin of this issue. The most recent bulletin number I can find is PIP-4395F.

Thanks all.

SRG963
02-22-2012, 08:27 AM
It's not G8 specific...

Do you have a clunk when shifting from P to D or P to R after a cold start?
Do you have any abnormal gear shifts, not like the other shifts?
You said that you have a 2-3 flare, correct?

It's better to complain about specific problems, and suggest the GM bulletin as a fix. Let them diagnose to be sure.

roman1978
02-22-2012, 10:32 AM
I have the clunk and jerk on cold start and took my car to the dealer last week and they said its normal they had 2 G8s there and showed me that they do the same thing.

SRG963
02-22-2012, 11:22 AM
I have the clunk and jerk on cold start and took my car to the dealer last week and they said its normal they had 2 G8s there and showed me that they do the same thing.

Sounds like they have 3 G8's in need of warranty work IMO.

It's not normal. The car should not "clunk", it should go into gear smoothly.

I bet most G8's have an issue with the transmission seals, and don't even know it.

Whitey72
02-22-2012, 11:34 AM
My dealer tried to convince me that my diff whine was normal. After I laughed at them, they said oh you have plenty of time left in your warranty. We'll take care of it when it gets louder.

roman1978
02-22-2012, 11:35 AM
this is my second tranny already and it only has 20k on it and yet problems agaoin. they told me if it gets vorse bring it in.

SRG963
02-22-2012, 11:54 AM
My dealer tried to convince me that my diff whine was normal. After I laughed at them, they said oh you have plenty of time left in your warranty. We'll take care of it when it gets louder.

It's like GM isn't paying them to do warranty work, WTF?

I would tell them that you want it fixed now! That way, there will be plenty of time remaining on your warranty if it starts to happen again.

this is my second tranny already and it only has 20k on it and yet problems again. they told me if it gets worse bring it in.

I hate the response "Bring it back when it's worse". Where's the customer service in that statement?
Did you ask them how much worse she would have to get in order to qualify your vehicle for warranty work?....how about it's not supposed to clunk into gear....Period! lol

I recommend taking the G8 to a Cadillac dealership for service. Cadillac Of South Charlotte did excellent warranty work on my G8. Got her back shifting as smooth as a Cadillac, without any dreaded "dealer damage". Replaced all my lifters as well as oil pan gasket, rear main seal and some other misc items. Now, I have no clunk into gear, and no engine lifter tick.

SRG963
02-22-2012, 12:00 PM
It's important to be kind to your service writer, but be persistent with getting warranty work completed when you want, not when they want.

roman1978
02-22-2012, 12:33 PM
i am always nice and respectful to the service writers but unfortunately they have no power over the work that needs to be done its the service managers that are responsible for making that decision. I will try to bring it again see if anuthing can be done.

STL_G8GT
02-22-2012, 12:35 PM
i am always nice and respectful to the service writers but unfortunately they have no power over the work that needs to be done its the service managers that are responsible for making that decision. I will try to bring it again see if anuthing can be done.

I love the fact that even if I try to explain something I just get a blank stare, as if somehow my insight is equivalent to someone that doesn't know or doesn't give a crap about his car.

roman1978
02-22-2012, 01:09 PM
all the people that work for dealerships live with a concept that car is a car just to use it and abuse it without realizing that some of us are very passionate toads their cars and want the car to work flawlessly just like when it were new. So when you tell them you feel something wrong they think you are nuts as long as the car runs and no lights are on then its fine. I have not had any experience with any other brand but GM so I am very curious to find out if Toyota or Nissan works the same. Lately I see these people joining the boards that are supposedly GM representatives as soon as you create a thread that you are experiencing an issue they write to you please contact your dealer to resolve the problem. Most of the dealers are no help at all. You are lucky if you find a good one that will work with you and help you resolve your issues.

macvicar24
02-22-2012, 02:04 PM
It's not G8 specific...

Do you have a clunk when shifting from P to D or P to R after a cold start?
Do you have any abnormal gear shifts, not like the other shifts?
You said that you have a 2-3 flare, correct?

It's better to complain about specific problems, and suggest the GM bulletin as a fix. Let them diagnose to be sure.

I do have an occasional clunk from P to R. My main complaint is manual mode 2-3 shift. On 60-100% acceleration, shift from 2-3 pauses then slams hard into gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STL_G8GT
02-22-2012, 02:14 PM
My slight clunk from p to d or r was remedied by adding a bit of fluid... when I installed the trans cooler I redid the fill routine and since then, silky smooth. Those of you with the clunk, have you checked that?

SRG963
02-22-2012, 02:17 PM
I do have an occasional clunk from P to R. My main complaint is manual mode 2-3 shift. On 60-100% acceleration, shift from 2-3 pauses then slams hard into gear.

This is EXACTLY what I had/complained about, turned out they, from my paperwork, "found seals from valve body to transmission case were distorted and leaking".

Betting the clunk into gear is also caused by this.

This is the exact wording....

They found the car had "double engauge" when moving from reverse to drive, checked parameters with tech 2, all were good. Line pressure normal, fluid ok, removed valve body/module assembly and found seals from valve body to transmission case were distorted and leaking, replaced transmission seals, refill fluid, reset shift adapts.

macvicar24
02-22-2012, 02:21 PM
This is EXACTLY what I had/complained about, turned out they, from my paperwork, "found seals from valve body to transmission case were distorted and leaking".

Interesting. I have a feeling with my local dealer they will check it and say its normal. I thought about driving it hard and keep slamming 2-3 shifts until it breaks. Then they will be forced to fix it. It sucks with these dealerships. They really want your car to come in busted. They have no idea what prevention is.

SRG963
02-22-2012, 03:23 PM
That was one of the three complaints I had related to the transmission. They didn't test my 2-3 shift, as they found the "clunk" into gear problem enough to investigate.