I just looked at the window stickers of some GXPs that you guys
provided the links too. Here's what I saw on the stickers:

* ENGINE, 6.2L V8 SFI ALUMINUM
* TRANSMISSION, 6 SPEED AUTO W/ DRVR SHIFT CNTRL & SPORT MODE
* TRANSMISSION COOLER
* BREMBO FRONT CALIPERS

NO DOD on the automatics and a trans cooler. That would have been sweet
on the GTs.

Can anyone post photos of the trans cooler and the part number ??

Mike P
01-14-2009, 02:10 PM
The wait would have killed me. I've waited long enough for GM to bring the Holden Commodore to the US.

Once I do the cam & I'm in the 12's (consistantly), I'll not even think about G8 GXPs. You can buy Trans coolers.

johnh
01-16-2009, 09:04 AM
pah... cam installed $3k
Tranny Cooler $100

A lot less than the GXP.

I bet brembos will be had on ebay by summertime....

r33pwrd
01-16-2009, 09:13 AM
ther is a lot more to it than just brakes and no DOD... I do think the GXP is worth every penny... just not my penny! The brakes will be 2K dollars... the extra 60+ (reliable HP) will be atleast 3K dollars... and well you (I) will have a car without warranty.

The reason I did not get a GXP was simple.. I like to tinker and I put 0 down on the GT so I could start modding right away If I had bought a GXP I would not have had the excess cash to play with and well to me %80 of the fun is tinkering.

Ktlplxm
01-17-2009, 02:54 PM
ther is a lot more to it than just brakes and no DOD... I do think the GXP is worth every penny... just not my penny! The brakes will be 2K dollars... the extra 60+ (reliable HP) will be atleast 3K dollars... and well you (I) will have a car without warranty.

The reason I did not get a GXP was simple.. I like to tinker and I put 0 down on the GT so I could start modding right away If I had bought a GXP I would not have had the excess cash to play with and well to me %80 of the fun is tinkering.

AHHH!!! Do it right and they never suspect!!