PDA

View Full Version : Snobby

WiscoG8
02-19-2012, 01:20 PM
So I was getting coffee in the hotel, overheard two fellas talkin about that "red car in the parking lot" referring to my 8. I politely injected myself into the coversation giving them information on the car. I noticed that the guy who had the most to say about the car had a hat on backwards with the "M" logo on it. He was at first interested in what I had to say until I started mentioning that with a decent amount of work they can keep up with higher priced competitors.

He had told me "that car wouldn't be able to handle the M3, M5, Any higher up AMG." I had mentioned to him that just added a Supercharger will put these cars well past the power of the M3 and roughly the same if not more power than the V10 M5." But what I had also mentioned was "why didn't you add the new CTS-V to that list?"

This cat went over the top on his explanation of why Cadilac is a garbage car and a failed attempt to keep up with more technologically advanced, and powerful euro cars. he went on a few minute fit about this, and I finally interrupted him and said "well the track times don't lie, the price is great for what you get, and just for reference what do you drive?"

This ass face drives a 3 series, not even an M. So I told him "well you wanna race for your car? Considering its an almighty Bimmer?" "Oh ill smash ur little V6" so I told him again "I didn't say v6 I said 6.0. That's a v8. So let me know when you can afford an M3 and by the time you get one ill have more HP to the wheels than you'll have to the crank, btw did you wanna run or no?" "Oh well I don't race. I'm just proving my points through the numbers I see and read on the Bimmer forums"

I just cannot believe the ignorance of people. And his buddy he was chatting with said straight up "dude I like ur car, their badass I've only ever seen like 5 in person, and I've seen modded ones smash M3s all day"

It seems to me from my experiences. No offense to anyone here. Bimmer owners are so up their own asses about the Ms. Almost as bad as Ford people are with the gt500. MB owners seem way more down to earth and real about what's good and what's bad. Id own the 2012 M5 if I could but I don't see that for a few years lol. But I just keep forgetting how "garbage" american cars are :rolleyes:

Sent from my POS phone

G8GT721
02-19-2012, 01:52 PM
I love my garbage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeanGreenZ71
02-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Would I drive an M3? Sure.

Would I trade my G8 GT for one? Heck no!

wreckwriter
02-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Heh, sounds like you told him ;)

grandprixrollsout
02-19-2012, 02:55 PM
everyone hates on the g8 bro. ford guys, dodge guys, euro guys. Surprisingly the jap car owners are pretty cool and give tumbs up and never have really tried to prove anything.

I would trade my g8 for a '12 M3 though...

Whitey72
02-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Would I drive an M3? Sure.

Would I trade my G8 GT for one? Heck no!

What you said

My tire guy offered me a straight trade. My m6 gxp for his e46 m3. Not a chance in hell

WiscoG8
02-19-2012, 03:09 PM
everyone hates on the g8 bro. ford guys, dodge guys, euro guys. Surprisingly the jap car owners are pretty cool and give tumbs up and never have really tried to prove anything.

I would trade my g8 for a '12 M3 though...

Suprisingly I have really only had haters from ford and bimmer. I've gotten the thumbs up from a lot of different cars like an S8, an S65 AMG, CTS-V. Personally a lot of the M3s I have heard sound like beefed up rice to me. I'm not a big fan of them. I wouldn't trade my g8 for much. I love the look of these cars not to mention there's not a lot of them (we all know that) just the fact that a lot of people ask me "what is that?" Is pretty cool.

Sent from my POS phone

tchr49
02-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Having had BMW's ( a 318is, an e30, a 528e, and a 95 M3) and having maintained my son's e30 and 328, I can appreciate them for what they are. Would I want any of them for my G8? No way.
If I had wanted one again, I would have bought one.
There's no law against bad manners, and it'd be tough to get one passed.

grandprixrollsout
02-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Suprisingly I have really only had haters from ford and bimmer. I've gotten the thumbs up from a lot of different cars like an S8, an S65 AMG, CTS-V. Personally a lot of the M3s I have heard sound like beefed up rice to me. I'm not a big fan of them. I wouldn't trade my g8 for much. I love the look of these cars not to mention there's not a lot of them (we all know that) just the fact that a lot of people ask me "what is that?" Is pretty cool.

The small v8 in the m3's give it a different tone then domestic p0war... but everyone has their own flavor. the g8 was a compromise on what i actually wanted.... i havent sold it because in toronto GTs are going for less the V6s which makes no sense...I should have just bought a focus and banked the rest to be closer to buying my house in the city (~800k for a townhouse).

There are quite a few amazing cars on the market now a days and if i had the money or space i would start working on my list

kendall.alston
02-19-2012, 08:00 PM
I love my garbage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAHAHAHA Hell Yea!!!!