PDA

View Full Version : Metal wire gizmo found in trunk - where does it go?

dmarsh1020
02-19-2012, 09:57 AM
The dealer replaced my battery a week or so ago under warranty. When I got the car back there was a metal wire retainer sitting on the trunk mat.

I am assuming this part came for the general area of the trunk or the battery compartment - and either needs to be moved or could be bumped loose when replacing the battery.

The part is about 3-1/2 inches long, and just under 3 inches between the loops. I would appreciate any information from people who recognize this part on what it is, where it goes, and is it needed...

Thanks

Dave

G8GT721
02-19-2012, 01:46 PM
I have pulled my battery and I'm not sure what that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wreckwriter
02-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Never seen it. I've had my battery out countless times. save it, you never know ;)

-Ray-
02-19-2012, 03:35 PM
The dealer replaced my battery a week or so ago under warranty. When I got the car back there was a metal wire retainer sitting on the trunk mat.

I am assuming this part came for the general area of the trunk or the battery compartment - and either needs to be moved or could be bumped loose when replacing the battery.

The part is about 3-1/2 inches long, and just under 3 inches between the loops. I would appreciate any information from people who recognize this part on what it is, where it goes, and is it needed...

Thanks

Dave

That's weird. I have something similar to that but it has a small chrome chain attached to it. I haven't a clue what it is.

GeoffA
02-19-2012, 03:51 PM
It looks like a part of a clip... used on wires.

I went out and looked didn't see anything like that around my battery.

Cobra
02-19-2012, 06:51 PM
I have one. It is in the bathroom on the vent cover which holds it up!