PDA

View Full Version : E Clip - Where does it go?

dmarsh1020
02-19-2012, 09:43 AM
I found an e-clip in the drivers door pocket when my car was brand new and stored it away in the console. I just discovered it again the other day and was wondering where it might go - more importantly what is about to fall off if this was a clip misplaced during manufacture not an extra part that ended up in the car during the build or pre-delivery service.

I looked through parts diagrams on the Nalley GMC website and the parts diagram pictures are not good enough to sort out where this part may have come from. The closest I got was the handbrake lever pivot pins each have an e-clip...

Looking for input from anybody out there that has taken their, a friends, or a customers G8 apart enough to remember seeing this part.

The clip is about 1/2 inch in diameter. Apologize for the lousy picture - the clip is small enough that my camera could not focus on it close up.

Thanks

Dave

G8GT721
02-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Do you know what modifications if any your car has? Or service records for things the dealer has done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmarsh1020
02-19-2012, 04:16 PM
I was the first owner and found it when the car was brand new and had ~12 miles on it. I was thinking it was either left at the factory or during the pre-delivery inspection service.

-Ray-
02-19-2012, 04:20 PM
I don't know of any e clip in the interior. Most of my dash has been apart and I have not found one.

kevinm0131
02-19-2012, 05:40 PM
I think it's a clip for the shifter linkage. I have one exactly like it, approx. .75" across at the widest. I picked it up at G.O.N.E. last year, one of the attendees had a small bowl full of them under his hood with a sign that said if your's hasn't broken, it will. Had an honor powl for quarters, so I pitched a quarter in and took one home. Haven't had to use it.

vert
02-19-2012, 05:40 PM
What's up with you finding all of this mysterious stuff in your car. I would think it would be better if it was money.
Not sure on the clip, maybe it went to one the air tools they used to put our cars together.

wreckwriter
02-19-2012, 05:42 PM
I think it's a clip for the shifter linkage. I have one exactly like it, approx. .75" across at the widest. I picked it up at G.O.N.E. last year, one of the attendees had a small bowl full of them under his hood with a sign that said if your's hasn't broken, it will. Had an honor powl for quarters, so I pitched a quarter in and took one home. Haven't had to use it.

You'll need it someday......