PDA

View Full Version : If you had any questions about Adams...

MGMG8GT
01-12-2009, 04:11 PM
It works. Shine is better than the Souveran I used on my previous vehicle, was easy to use and apply. This was a machine essential kit -- swirl remover with an orange cutting pad, single pass -- then a pass with the machine polish. Looks great, and got rid of 99% of all the swirls the previous owner seemed to accumulate. No before pics, was too limited on time, but I'd say it was about 10 washes through a non-touch free car wash worth of swirls.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/texascichlid/G8GT009-1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/texascichlid/G8GT010.jpg

-Ray-
01-13-2009, 02:59 AM
Why don't you do a review of Adam's products in the detailing forum. Or in the Product Review form?

MGMG8GT
01-13-2009, 06:11 AM
I suppose I could, figured more people would see this in here though.

-Ray-
01-13-2009, 09:06 AM
I suppose I could, figured more people would see this in here though.

LOL Maybe we should only have one forum. The mods frequently move things around so they fit better. We consider the lounge as a non G8 forum. :)

Chewy
01-13-2009, 09:44 AM
I've ONLY used Adams products on my G8' paint and am VERY happy with them. I got a Porter Cable DA kit from them for Christmas that I can't wait for warmer weather to try!

Chris

foreosu
01-13-2009, 10:51 AM
I've only used the Adam's Detail Spray and Leather spray thus far, but love both products. I've got their "buttery wax" sitting in my garage, but have been too lazy to try it. I like to use the cold weather as an excuse, but I honestly just can't find the time to do it.

Chewy
01-13-2009, 10:53 AM
I've only used the Adam's Detail Spray and Leather spray thus far, but love both products. I've got their "buttery wax" sitting in my garage, but have been too lazy to try it. I like to use the cold weather as an excuse, but I honestly just can't find the time to do it.

Received my car in mid October (if I remember right) and currently have waxed it 7 times with their Buttery wax. Spray the pad with a bit of the detail spray and then put a dollop of wax on it and go to town. Taking a water blade to the car and then spraying the detail spray as you dry with your MF waffle towel will amaze you! I couldn't believe the difference it makes.

Keep in mind that I live in the salt belt! I've clayed it 3 times! It's currently 0ºF right NOW! Ugh...

Do you guys belong to their forum? http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/

Chris

foreosu
01-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Man I really, really need to wax mine. I've had it since April and have only waxed it once (in June or July). I know, i know... that's horrible of me!! I just struggle to find time. By the time I wash and dry, inside and out, I've already eaten up almost 2 hours so taking another hour or so to wax has been tough.

Ben@Adams
01-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the AWESOME review!

MGMG8GT
01-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Jason -- Thank you for the excellent product. Having not used my porter cable in a long while, I watched the whole DVD and, even from what I thought was proper detailing in the past, I learned a lot.

One thing I tried out was while drying, giving the car a good spray down with Adams detail spray. Really seemed to make the drying process a bit easier as I had NO water spots at all even with our very hard water out here.

The towels are even great. They are easily softer than my other towels which I had previously sourced from other sites online. All in all, a big thumbs up.

Jason -- what sort of product is suitable for getting the carbon build up off of the exhaust pipes?

Thanks again