PDA

View Full Version : Neon dreamer goes down.

G8V8
08-15-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm heading home last night and pull up to a red light beside a Neon with flame decals down the sides and a fart can. This was not an SRT4. Light goes red and I move normally just thinking about getting home when I hear the fart can get louder. Just with normal driving I had about 1/2 car when I heard the can. I'm thinking, "WTF? He can't think...." as he is pulling up even with me. So, just to see what was up I slightly increased my acceleration rate and i hear the fart can go full loud. I laughted to myself and "This is going to hurt!" and nailed it for a few seconds by which time i had 5-6 lengths on him. I shut down to normal speeds and he stayed back 5 or 6 car lengths until my turn off 4 miles later.

Not much of a kill. More funny than ego-building. I did find some white paint and put a Neon outline just below my driver's window. ;)

GRRRR8
08-15-2008, 08:28 AM
BULLY! I do the same thing daily. I call them "chicken nuggets" Not a full meal, just a snack! :D

G8V8
08-15-2008, 09:05 AM
ROTFL. Good one.

Weldon
09-07-2008, 02:31 PM
well i was at tech a few days ago and 3 srt-4's come up...we all started tlaking and they were nice...they wanted to hit the highway...all wer turbo'd...all you could hear was the blow offs...welll we wud gun it starting in 3rd and i wud pull off them untill 5th then they wud blister by me with there turbo's...pretty quick top end...so we pull over...and im begging them to race me from a dead stop...they wont do it...none of them...i would say come on juss one quater mile from a stop...nope..they tell me"umm well we only do highway roll on's." PUSSYS, they know the g8 gt would blow there doors off from a dead stop..in the qauter...i will admit they are quick...but for me to ride there ass from 110 to 140 while there turbos and bolt ons and intakes and exhaust are screaming..i did pretty good for stock...and they wont admit it and dont wanna face it, that the g8 will blow there doors off up untill 110 and only then will they be able to start catching up.

Chewy
09-08-2008, 05:04 AM
well i was at tech a few days ago and 3 srt-4's come up...we all started tlaking and they were nice...they wanted to hit the highway...all wer turbo'd...all you could hear was the blow offs...welll we wud gun it starting in 3rd and i wud pull off them untill 5th then they wud blister by me with there turbo's...pretty quick top end...so we pull over...and im begging them to race me from a dead stop...they wont do it...none of them...i would say come on juss one quater mile from a stop...nope..they tell me"umm well we only do highway roll on's." PUSSYS, they know the g8 gt would blow there doors off from a dead stop..in the qauter...i will admit they are quick...but for me to ride there ass from 110 to 140 while there turbos and bolt ons and intakes and exhaust are screaming..i did pretty good for stock...and they wont admit it and dont wanna face it, that the g8 will blow there doors off up untill 110 and only then will they be able to start catching up.

Yeah my buddy has a Civic with a SOHC D motor running 260bhp at the wheels and he's the same way. 1st gear is worthless, 2nd gear is OK, but third is better so he does more roll ons. He'll race me though. It ought to be fun! I won't even attempt till after I have a tune.

What's funny is my buddy isn't fully boosted yet. He has it turned down because the clutch he had was slipping when on the dyno with anything over 260 so he put a new clutch in and is now waiting to get it re tuned for 300 :zing:which is about max for his turbo size.