PDA

View Full Version : Irritating Squeaky Air Recir/ Pollution Control

09SmurfGT
12-31-2011, 12:58 PM
All,
Has anyone else had an issue with their Recirc Air/ PCM system squeaking when it comes on at a stop, or when just turning on recirc air? I know it has to do with the flappers and ducting behind the dash and it sounds like a little bit of lube can fix it. Just have no clue where to start getting back in there. Any thoughts would be helpful, this is just a nit-picky item

2StepsAhead
12-31-2011, 01:32 PM
I had this too but since I have exhaust and upgraded speakers and dont really drive my car as much anymore I forgot about it, I read on a Toyota Tacoma forum that they have this issue as well and someone opened up the assembly and greased the two bearing and it went away. Personally I dont know how to open it up on our car...if someone could get an exploded view or diagram maybe we have the same greasing issue.

bjhayes
12-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Yep. Had mine in twice for this. They said they trimmed a little where the baffle was rubbing. Is better but still there intermittently.

TxNessie84
01-01-2012, 02:04 AM
Yep, my wife and I call it the kangaroo fart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alex94z
02-06-2012, 02:17 PM
I have this also. I had it serviced at my dealer and it still does it. I just decided to turn pollution mode off. Not worth having my dealer tear the interior apart again.

syd
02-18-2012, 01:11 PM
mine does this, but I'm afraid to have them open up my dash and make rattles etc...

SINTUJ
03-07-2012, 10:03 PM
My 98 grand prix GTP did the samething
Mine had auto climate control too