PDA

View Full Version : My glovebox light has gone intermittant

Imalabil
12-27-2011, 05:02 PM
I added the glovebox light about a year ago and everything was fine until the past month or so, and now it comes on some times, other times not. I replaced the easy thing (the bulb) but it didn't help, so I guess I'll undo the whole thing and check for loose connections or bad solder joints.
Anyone else out there had this happen? if so, what was the culprit?
Bill

MIEngineer
12-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Check for the connection at the main block on the harness. If it didn't seat right it can loosen.

Otherwise, I've only seen the bulb holder "prongs" stretch so you just need to pinch them back a bit to bend them into shape

Modhauler
12-28-2011, 02:54 AM
Does the little tab thingy pop out all the time when you open the glove box?

Imalabil
12-28-2011, 08:11 PM
That will be my first place to look. Car is at the body shop for about a week due to a dubious paint match this summer when they painted a fender. The PBM they sprayed was a lot more metal flakey that the original paint, but it isn't really apparent until you get it in direct sunlight.
Bill

Modhauler
12-29-2011, 06:09 AM
I had gone and checked and it lit up but then went out. I moved the door up and down a few times and it lit up and stayed lit. It might just be hanging up a little.

Imalabil
12-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Yea, it responded to that at first but now is out more than it is on.
I'll check solder joints and get out my spray can of contact cleaner...
Bill

Crazy Paul
12-31-2011, 01:40 PM
I had gone and checked and it lit up but then went out. I moved the door up and down a few times and it lit up and stayed lit. It might just be hanging up a little.

It could be the button on the switch sticking.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/PerthPurplePenguin/car%20parts/Glovebox/R1010596.jpg

cashie
01-01-2012, 01:19 AM
It could be the button on the switch sticking.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/PerthPurplePenguin/car%20parts/Glovebox/R1010596.jpg

That's where I'd be looking, I just replaced mine yesterday.