PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Charlie!

wreckwriter
01-10-2009, 07:03 AM
Last night I'm tooling down the highway and the car starts throwing codes. First is a P1133 (O2 sensor), then a P1153 (also O2 sensor). Finally a P0101 (MAF). I call Charlie and he accesses databases with code info and pretty soon he comes back with "vacuum leak in intake after the MAF".

Sure enough, checked it out this morning and the Roto Fab had popped loose in several places (engine was moved around when trans was pulled for converter). Reseated everything, cleared codes and appears good to go.

Thank you very much Charlie! Excellent troubleshooting!

GRRRR8
01-10-2009, 07:15 AM
No problem Tom. Just doing what I do.

BobtheMonkee
01-11-2009, 02:35 PM
this happened to me too wreckwriter. But for me, the whole silicon joint that hooks to the throttlebody popped off. At idle, the car barely wanted to stay on and i threw the same codes...opened the hood and saw what had happened.

Needless to say, i have a bit of extra torque on those clamps now :)

I did notice that the plastic duct seems to not really fit flush with the throttlebody like the instructions say it should. Seems to be a bit bigger...i've checked it a few times now.

oh well

R.Penguin
01-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Cripes, it's an epidemic! :p

2009blueg8gt
01-17-2009, 02:55 PM
my A.F.E INTAKE wont do that ..............lol just giving everybody the sh#! who has a roto fab since no one has a afe