PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Question

09SmurfGT
12-23-2011, 07:22 PM
All,
I tried to figure out what section would be best to put this question in, hopefully this is it. Also tried searching and didnt see anything that was helpful for this.
Looking at my window sticker I realized that the car has a 5 year 100k warranty on it. What im curious about is this a transferrable warranty? I ask because I bought it from a local Chevrolet dealer, and the window said "as is". Ive always been horrible with these kinds of things. I do have an extended warranty that brings it to about the same mileage and year, but im paying for that through my bank. If i can drop it for just the GM backed warranty that would be great, however this is pretty much just an inquisition. Thanks,
-Max

rjones916
12-23-2011, 08:27 PM
the 5 year 100k mile warranty transfers with the car, no matter how many times it changes hands. It's only a powertrain warranty though. Covers Engine/ Drivetrain/ Transmission items. In 08 covered fuel pumps, hub bearings and things of that nature, but I think they started fazing that out. It's not a bumper to bumper warranty though.

09SmurfGT
12-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Awesome, I really appreciate the info. Thatll save me some cash, as far as I can tell the power train seems to be the majority of the issue.