PDA

View Full Version : The DashHawk earns it's keep.

R.Penguin
01-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I've had the ferocious PenguinMobile for almost a year now, and today it threw it's first ever codes. Got a CEL and looked at the diags in a parking lot.

Rail 1 lean.
Rail 2 lean.

Pushed the "clear button" and all gone. It's worth what it costs just to be able to do that w/o a trip to the (shudder) dealer. :p :woohoo:

GTPprix
01-09-2009, 05:43 PM
But WHY is it lean? Thats the important part those codes dont show up for no reason :)

R.Penguin
01-09-2009, 07:56 PM
But WHY is it lean? Thats the important part those codes dont show up for no reason :)
That is the real issue Chris, and it pops up again every time I clear it. Curses! I hate to break my record of never having to take the car to a dealer....ACK!

Now I gotta swap out my VMS tune ECM with the virgin stock module. Bloody Hell! :p

First, I'll check the gas cap.

GRRRR8
01-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Lean bank 1 and 2 can be a leak between the MAF and T-Body. Carefully check for leaks. Also look at the PCV rubber elbow on drivers rear valve cover for a leak.

rclinton
01-10-2009, 01:00 AM
But WHY is it lean? Thats the important part those codes don't show up for no reason :)

I agree, thats why we need the service manuals troubleshooting guides from GM. I have a CAN code reader, and Gtech Pro and a Dash Hawk. I'm hoping to get additional information from the Hawk once I get more familiar with it.

R.Penguin
01-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Lean bank 1 and 2 can be a leak between the MAF and T-Body. Carefully check for leaks. Also look at the PCV rubber elbow on drivers rear valve cover for a leak.
Thanks Charlie. I'm gonna root around under there in a few. Just had the oil changed 2 days ago. Wouldn't be the first time those dimwits pulled something loose. :bm:

R.Penguin
01-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Never let anyone tell you that penguins have a brain. NOT!

Popped the hood and there was the vacuum line from the CAI popped loose about, oh, 5inches.

AHHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAAA! Problem fixed. They must have pulled it loose changing the oil, and just barely hooked it up since I always check the oil level myself after anyone works on the car. And when the car got warm in traffic yesterday it just popped off. :oops: :charlie3: :dodge:

Whew!

-Ray-
01-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Newsflash!
Pacific Northwest.

The Penguin escapes the dealership one more time, keeping his streak intact.
Film at 11.