View Full Version : 2008 G8/GT loaded 4500 miles, Pedders, Breytons

mjduell2009
01-09-2009, 02:55 PM
SOLD!

Thanks,

Mike

99-LS1-SS
01-09-2009, 03:14 PM
If that thing had a manual transmission I'd be heading your way.

-Ray-
01-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Beautiful car Mike. Hate to see it go.

mjduell2009
01-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Beautiful car Mike. Hate to see it go.

Thanks, I haven't sold it yet, but when I do I will replace it with something else. If I don't that is cool too, just keep on building it. One door closes, another opens....

--Mike

GRRRR8
01-09-2009, 07:21 PM
If anyone is even thinking about buying a G8 and modding it, BUY THIS CAR! I dont personally know Mike, but from the cars he has had I know he is a fanatic and this car is like new.

GRRRR8
01-10-2009, 05:13 AM
Saturday BUMP!

MANOFSTEEL69
01-10-2009, 05:18 AM
I have to agree with Charlie. I have met Mike, and he doesn't do things half-assed when it comes to his cars. Hate to see you sell it Mike! But I hope you go the GXP route, if not you're still part of the family! :)

mjduell2009
01-10-2009, 05:18 AM
Saturday BUMP!

Thanks Charlie.

--Mike

mjduell2009
01-10-2009, 05:24 AM
I have to agree with Charlie. I have met Mike, and he doesn't do things half-assed when it comes to his cars. Hate to see you sell it Mike! But I hope you go the GXP route, if not you're still part of the family! :)

I think I will be going GXP or C6 Coupe, not sure yet, but I have a few leads I'm chasing. Could keep the G8, who knows. Either way I'll be around. Thanks for the compliments. I would not know anything about cars without people and forums like this.

--Mike

Slizzo
01-10-2009, 05:26 AM
Hate to see a CT G8 owner go, but hopefully you'll end up in a GXP. :)

I've been keeping my eyes peeled and so far the closest GXP has been in upstate NY. You can bet your ass I'll be driving into Gallagher in New Britain once they get one on the lot. (They're a smaller dealer, but as my local one, and one that got quite a few 2008s and an 888 or two, they make out well).

Here, go after this one: G8 GXP White (http://www.pontiac.com/wssearch.do?year=2009&makeId=pg&VIN=6G2EP57W59L300791&RPOList=&searchType=0&postalCode=06053&searchCity=&searchState=&VIN=&vendorId=&orderNumber=&multiVendorIds=&maximumCount=100&modelId=18103&gmModelId=85&modelName=G8&styleId=297488&pvc=208&dealerDistance=60.9851)

Er, well that's an auto...

G8 GXP Black (http://www.pontiac.com/wssearch.do?year=2009&makeId=pg&VIN=6G2EP57W19L300836&RPOList=&searchType=0&postalCode=06053&searchCity=&searchState=&VIN=&vendorId=&orderNumber=&multiVendorIds=&maximumCount=100&modelId=18103&gmModelId=85&modelName=G8&styleId=297488&pvc=208&dealerDistance=70.2709)

That's an auto too, but it's Black, and it's in RI.

Seems that we're bracketed, and none have actually made a stop in our state yet...

This is the search I did: Vehicle Locator, GXPs within 100 miles of 06053 (New Britain) (http://www.pontiac.com/locateVehicle.do?year=2009&make=002&modelDesignator=2EP69&modelId=18103&gmModelId=85&modelName=G8&pvc=208&styleId=297488&searchType=0&postalCode=06053&proximity=100&searchCity=&searchState=&VIN=&vendorId=&orderNumber=&multiVendorIds=&maximumCount=100)

mjduell2009
01-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Hate to see a CT G8 owner go, but hopefully you'll end up in a GXP. :)

I've been keeping my eyes peeled and so far the closest GXP has been in upstate NY. You can bet your ass I'll be driving into Gallagher in New Britain once they get one on the lot. (They're a smaller dealer, but as my local one, and one that got quite a few 2008s and an 888 or two, they make out well).

Here, go after this one: G8 GXP White (http://www.pontiac.com/wssearch.do?year=2009&makeId=pg&VIN=6G2EP57W59L300791&RPOList=&searchType=0&postalCode=06053&searchCity=&searchState=&VIN=&vendorId=&orderNumber=&multiVendorIds=&maximumCount=100&modelId=18103&gmModelId=85&modelName=G8&styleId=297488&pvc=208&dealerDistance=60.9851)

Er, well that's an auto...

G8 GXP Black (http://www.pontiac.com/wssearch.do?year=2009&makeId=pg&VIN=6G2EP57W19L300836&RPOList=&searchType=0&postalCode=06053&searchCity=&searchState=&VIN=&vendorId=&orderNumber=&multiVendorIds=&maximumCount=100&modelId=18103&gmModelId=85&modelName=G8&styleId=297488&pvc=208&dealerDistance=70.2709)

That's an auto too, but it's Black, and it's in RI.

Seems that we're bracketed, and none have actually made a stop in our state yet...

This is the search I did: Vehicle Locator, GXPs within 100 miles of 06053 (New Britain) (http://www.pontiac.com/locateVehicle.do?year=2009&make=002&modelDesignator=2EP69&modelId=18103&gmModelId=85&modelName=G8&pvc=208&styleId=297488&searchType=0&postalCode=06053&proximity=100&searchCity=&searchState=&VIN=&vendorId=&orderNumber=&multiVendorIds=&maximumCount=100)

Thanks for the update on GXP's. I have family in Upstate N.Y. so maybe I will look. Wrong color for me though. I may not sell (offers I'm getting border on insane, what are poeple thinking ;)) so or maybe I'll get a GXP either way I'll be here. We should get a CT club together in the spring.

--Mike

GRRRR8
01-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the update on GXP's. I have family in Upstate N.Y. so maybe I will look. Wrong color for me though. I may not sell (offers I'm getting border on insane, what are poeple thinking ;)) so or maybe I'll get a GXP either way I'll be here. We should get a CT club together in the spring.

--Mike

I love the "offend me" offers.

mjduell2009
01-10-2009, 05:26 PM
I love the "offend me" offers.

;) I know. Tell you what here is what I think I'm going to do. Anyone comes to me with cash in the next week can have it for $30,000.00 even. I will not go a cent lower, the car is paid and I will keep it. So listen-up lurkers, If you want a fully loaded GT with a Pedders suspension, Breyton wheels and a bunch of other stuff, buy this now. It would cost you at least $15,000.00 over the cost of a new GT to duplicate this car.

That's it. :nah:

--Mike

GRRRR8
01-10-2009, 07:02 PM
If I had the extra cash I would buy it just because its all done and clean!

Mr. Sandog
01-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Stunning whip. Whoever gets it will be getting an awesome deal. :thumbsup:

mjduell2009
01-13-2009, 10:31 AM
O.K. price update.

I have had a lot of call and emails with offers, most were very low and unrealistic. Here is my absolute bottom, cash only price $29,500.00 (firm). It is probably easier this way because it removes the guess work. Please do not ask me to lower the price.

Thanks,

Mike

foreosu
01-13-2009, 10:40 AM
O.K. price update.

I have had a lot of call and emails with offers, most were very low and unrealistic. Here is my absolute bottom, cash only price $29,500.00 (firm). It is probably easier this way because it removes the guess work. Please do not ask me to lower the price.

Thanks,

Mike

I'll give ya $18,500 and a pack of Juicy Fruit....

:nah: hehehe... just messin with ya.

Great price on a great car folks!! Someone out there is going to be very lucky...

Darkside
01-13-2009, 10:48 AM
It would cost you at least $15,000.00 over the cost of a new GT to duplicate this car.

--Mike
Don't take this the wrong way Mike, cause I love everything you've done with your car. But I'm sitting here with a list of wants for my G8 and you have me wondering dollars. I'm going over your listed mods, how does it equal 15k? I know I'll spend that in the next two years on stuff but my list is longer than I stand tall.

With that said, had you been selling this at this price three weeks ago I would have bought it.

mjduell2009
01-13-2009, 10:55 AM
I'll give ya $18,500 and a pack of Juicy Fruit....

:nah: hehehe... just messin with ya.

Great price on a great car folks!! Someone out there is going to be very lucky...

Unbelievable, that is the best offer so far :nah:. Mmmmm.... Juicy Fruit. I am going to keep to my word. Come Sunday this deal is gone because I'm looking at two cars I want and I do not believe they will last the week.

On a lighter note, do you guys find me to be……some sort of an Ass$@%$ or harse? I had one guy who asked me for my rock bottom price get all flustered when I asked him for his best offer first. I said I wanted to do it that way because I had been getting a lot of low offers and didn’t want to do the dance again. He wrote back and said he thought my reply had a tone too it…..??? and he could not do business with a guy like me. I thought I was a nice guy. :hmm:

Mike

GRRRR8
01-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Thats just how some people are Mike. If they cant steal it for 30k, which is a steal, they make you feel like the azzhole. You can not buy a G8 and do these mods for 30k. I am playing the lotto this week so stay tuned! lol

foreosu
01-13-2009, 11:01 AM
I think you're being fair - you've laid out the price you are willing to accept and that's that. I'd much rather deal with someone like that than to waste time going back and forth over the price.

Darkside
01-13-2009, 11:04 AM
On a lighter note, do you guys find me to be……some sort of an Ass$@%$ or harse? I had one guy who asked me for my rock bottom price get all flustered when I asked him for his best offer first. I said I wanted to do it that way because I had been getting a lot of low offers and didn’t want to do the dance again. He wrote back and said he thought my reply had a tone too it…..??? and he could not do business with a guy like me. I thought I was a nice guy. :hmm:

Mike
Typical of someone that thinks you are desperate to sell. Personally I think you're crazy to sell, but I'm no different in moving on to other projects. You have a listed asking price so its more than fair to ask for offers from that point.

As I said above, I would have bought your car three weeks ago. You just need to find someone that has the same plans in mods to make it worth it.

mjduell2009
01-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Don't take this the wrong way Mike, cause I love everything you've done with your car. But I'm sitting here with a list of wants for my G8 and you have me wondering dollars. I'm going over your listed mods, how does it equal 15k? I know I'll spend that in the next two years on stuff but my list is longer than I stand tall.

With that said, had you been selling this at this price three weeks ago I would have bought it.

The parts ran about $10 -11,000.00, installation, tuning, alignments and shipping makes it about $15,000.00. I went through my reciepts to come up with the number. Most of the parts were purchased in June and July, so maybe prices have come down. I paid extra for special parts as well, like the Roto-Fab radiator cover and elbow in Carbonfiber cover. I was one of the first to have the Pedders Track II with sway bars and STB which was very expensive. The 20 inch Breytons and Goodyears were almost $3000.00 with new sensors. I also added in everything most don't think about, like two trips to have the car aligned correctly after the suspension parts installations. I'm sure with gas prices down and retailers putting parts on sale you could probably do it a little less, so maybe I was a little high when I said to duplicate, but not that far off.

--Mike

mjduell2009
01-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Thats just how some people are Mike. If they cant steal it for 30k, which is a steal, they make you feel like the azzhole. You can not buy a G8 and do these mods for 30k. I am playing the lotto this week so stay tuned! lol

Thanks Charlie,
However if you win the lottery the cost of my G8 goes to exactly 1/2 of your winnings :nah: I'm going to keep the G8 if I don't get a solid offer by Sunday. Enough is enough, I have to get cracking on more mods instead of waiting to sell.

--Mike

Biggeo
01-13-2009, 11:44 AM
If I had not already bought my white G8 2 months ago, I'd be ALL over this! You are crazy to sell because the car is beautiful, but that's JMHO.

Good luck with the sale!

r33pwrd
01-13-2009, 01:25 PM
One door closes, another opens....

--Mike

You really should get that fixed before you try and sell it :)

mjduell2009
01-13-2009, 02:27 PM
You really should get that fixed before you try and sell it :)

You mean yours wasn't offered with the optional "James Bond" upgrade? ;)

--Mike

G8GT721
01-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by mjduell2009
One door closes, another opens....

--Mike

Originally Posted by r33pwrd
You really should get that fixed before you try and sell it

hilarious, and IMO thats a great deal for a car with like 15k in mods!!

EcoBrick Bob
01-13-2009, 05:40 PM
M J

Love your car... sort of the opposite of mine....

Think the new owner will be a lucky guy!~

Rob

-Ray-
01-14-2009, 03:20 AM
Unbelievable, that is the best offer so far :nah:. Mmmmm.... Juicy Fruit. I am going to keep to my word. Come Sunday this deal is gone because I'm looking at two cars I want and I do not believe they will last the week.

Mike

Good thing I'm not replying to those lowballers. I hate lowballers. LOL
Mike, I've never read a post of yours that was harsh.

mjduell2009
01-14-2009, 04:55 AM
Good thing I'm not replying to those lowballers. I hate lowballers. LOL
Mike, I've never read a post of yours that was harsh.

That's what I thought Ray. I try to be nice and understanding. Even in a shouting match I try to stay logical (This method does not work on wife).

;) --Mike

-Ray-
01-14-2009, 11:48 AM
That's what I thought Ray. I try to be nice and understanding. Even in a shouting match I try to stay logical (This method does not work on wife).

;) --Mike

The only way to stop that I found is just to tell the wife she is right. Shuts her up every time. Either that or she's flabbergasted that I said that. :D
Don't flame me ladies.

GEE8GEETEE
01-14-2009, 01:13 PM
If I had a way to get good financing on it I'd buy it now so the OL can have one too. But that kinda dough is not laying around. :*(

confused2much
01-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Hope someone comes through on this for you...awesome car. Not that its so bad to get "stuck" with keeping it and modding some more.

mjduell2009
01-15-2009, 05:08 AM
Hope someone comes through on this for you...awesome car. Not that its so bad to get "stuck" with keeping it and modding some more.

The clock is ticking on this. I told myself Sunday was the last advertised day and then I'm pulling the ads, here and on the other site. I will start pulling the intake and TB shortly after that so I can ship them and get them ported. It's a bad market for cars now. I'm seeing some excellent deals out there but no one is buying. I have had some interesting trade offers, but not anything I would want. If I get "stuck" after Sunday I plan to go full bore on modding this summer. My wife has promised me that if one of the lake house we have up for sale sells I have a nice chuck of cash to go buy...."Whatever I want". Problem is the housing market blows as much as cars, could be a while. Anyway, the more compliments I get from you guys the more I am rethinking about selling.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S.
Acceptable trades:
2005 -2007 C6 Corvette MN6 Coupe
2003 -2004 MB SL500 (SL55 if you are insane)
Basically anything with two seats and a good amount of power and handling.

GRRRR8
01-15-2009, 05:13 AM
That sounds like a good plan. The buy "anything you want" has me checking credit card balances! lol

mjduell2009
01-15-2009, 05:18 AM
That sounds like a good plan. The buy "anything you want" has me checking credit card balances! lol

I think there was an unspoken clause in there that stated "within reason and by approval of wife" :( We'll see.

--Mike

99-LS1-SS
01-15-2009, 05:21 AM
I think there was an unspoken clause in there that stated "within reason and by approval of wife" :( We'll see.

--Mike

That is ALWAYS the case. Regardless of what they audibly say.

mjduell2009
01-15-2009, 05:28 AM
That is ALWAYS the case. Regardless of what they audibly say.

Your not kidding. I'll have to read the small print on this one. She is smarter than I am by a long shot. I really shouldn't complain to much, she has kept me in cars and never really hounded me about my mod purchases. My wife asked for an SUV not a mini-van when we had our first kid, that is when I was sure I loved her ;). Some of my friends could go out and buy cars like G8's, but their wives just won't let them. Poor bastards :wacko:

--Mike

GRRRR8
01-15-2009, 05:29 AM

--Mike

Oh OK. You have one of them Prime Ministers of finance at your house too. Now our conversations are like this: "I need to order something for the car" "How much?" "Not quite sure yet" "Are you going to order it regardless?" "Pretty much" "well why did you ask me" "Just so you would know!" LMAO!

99-LS1-SS
01-15-2009, 05:31 AM
Oh OK. You have one of them Prime Ministers of finance at your house too. LMAO!

That pretty much sums it up.

mjduell2009
01-15-2009, 05:34 AM
Oh OK. You have one of them Prime Ministers of finance at your house too. Now our conversations are like this: "I need to order something for the car" "How much?" "Not quite sure yet" "Are you going to order it regardless?" "Pretty much" "well why did you ask me" "Just so you would know!" LMAO!

Yup. Sound right. It's really about the timing. Watch out for the dreaded "Do what ever you want :mad:" That one scares me.

--Mike

GRRRR8
01-15-2009, 05:39 AM
Yup. Sound right. It's really about the timing. Watch out for the dreaded "Do what ever you want :mad:" That one scares me.

--Mike

You are sure right about that!

It's A G8!
01-15-2009, 04:48 PM
"I need to order something for the car" "How much?" "Not quite sure yet" "Are you going to order it regardless?" "Pretty much" "well why did you ask me" "Just so you would know!" LMAO!

Thats how I got the NEP OTR intake!