PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Wallace Racing Experience at Mosport!

I12XLR8
12-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Looky what I'm doing this summer! Rusty Wallace (http://www.groupon.com/ottawa/deals/rusty-wallace-racing-experience-1-ottawa)

It seems to be an awesome deal and as I've never been behind the wheel of a stock car I thought the Shootout would be a cool thing to do!

I have also registered myself for a day of racing in October 2012! Castrol (one of our main sponsors) rents Mosport (http://www.mosport.com/) for the day and I'll finally be able to get my car on a real track and see what she can do!

First stock cars, then G.O.N.E., then a day on the track...I can't wait for the summer!!! Now I just have to get moving on that new cam!

If anyone in the area is interested this deal ends sometime today so get in quick. I'll likely be reserving for the 10AM slot on July 15th...

polo
12-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Awesome... looks like fun!

jeff
12-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Hey man the stock car exp. is fun. I done it 1 year ago this month at Charlotte (Lowes motor speedway) with my Dad. About the time you get comfortable and the hang of it it's over. Truly amazing at how the car sticks in the turns. Fun!! Every company that owns and puts these things on do things different. Maybe you get more seat and lap time than we did. I would do it again.Kinda pricey but they run deals sometimes. Sounds like you got good plans in the makings. ENJOY!!

I12XLR8
12-11-2011, 01:03 PM
About the time you get comfortable and the hang of it it's over. I would do it again.Kinda pricey but they run deals sometimes. Sounds like you got good plans in the makings. ENJOY!!

They advertise a 45 minute classroom session and 15 laps on the track. I'm sure it will be over quickly but I figure it's like skydiving - you have to do it once even if it's over way too fast.

The normal pricing for the package that I got on the Amercian website is $499-$699, I guess depending on the track they're on. It's listed for $299 at Mosport and I bought it for $149!!! For that amount of money I couldn't say no considering I would have done it at the regular price.

WickedMom
12-11-2011, 02:02 PM
I bought something similar and am doing it in march I think. :) can't wait!!

Sent from my insanely great iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

texn884
12-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Sounds like a BLAST. and a GRRRR8 price you got also. Put a #3 on the doors and drive like Dale did, :)

I12XLR8
12-13-2011, 10:05 AM
I bought something similar and am doing it in march I think. :) can't wait!!

Sent from my insanely great iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Let me know how it goes - I'd like to know what to expect before I get there.

martin
01-09-2012, 04:15 AM
A race track, a stock car and a driver which is you; it charged any car race driver or lover. It’s an imagination but what about in reality? Yes, it looks like a dream comes true. So go ahead Wallac and feel the heat of race track…

I12XLR8
01-12-2012, 05:15 AM
A race track, a stock car and a driver which is you; it charged any car race driver or lover. It’s an imagination but what about in reality? Yes, it looks like a dream comes true. So go ahead Wallac and feel the heat of race track…

?!?!?!

STL_G8GT
01-12-2012, 06:05 AM

Holy shit, what did you get ahold of!?!?

johnn34
05-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Rusty Wallace was my favorite racer and his race track Mosport is really a nice track so his fans can get driving experience.