PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the Tuner

RyaNCSU1
01-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Just got my car tuned by Alvin at PCMforLess. Went back to them since they had done my previous LT1 and he owns a G8GT and has been tinkering with the tune for a good while.

Ended at 325 hp and 344 tq running right around a 13 afr. Actually got it up closer to 330 at one point but the curve wasnt as smooth so he backed it off. My current mods are in my sig.

Tuned the TCM as well, much smoother shifts, holds the gears longer. Sport mode is actually sporty now.

Also tried turning my DOD off to try to reduce drone with my exhaust. Gas mileages was still in the low 20's coming home but unfortunately the drone is the same so I imagine I will have him turn it back on.

r33pwrd
01-08-2009, 03:50 PM
do you still have cats?

RyaNCSU1
01-08-2009, 03:53 PM
^yes, only exhaust done is catback

DRCUSTOMPARTS
01-08-2009, 06:29 PM
So does your car feel faster now? Also does PCMforLess do mail order tunes?

RyaNCSU1
01-08-2009, 06:54 PM
The biggest impact is in the transmission. Shifts much more aggressively. If your in sport mode you better have some room in front of you because it will downshift 2 gears at half throttle. Fairly violent shifts but not crazy, left the torque management between 50 and 75 %.

In drive it feels more responsive overall, more sensitive to the throttle, holds gears, longer, downshifts with less throttle. Smoother shifting than sport mode.

Total power gain was only around 15hp and 15tq from the start of the tune so its not a HUGE jump in power but it is noticable. Obviously as mentioned above the biggest change is the transmission. Going to have to learn how to drive the car over again.

And yes they do mail order tunes. btw way paid $350 for my tune on the dyno.

RyaNCSU1
01-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij2U88tvSj8&feature=channel_page

ij2U88tvSj8

AusTXGT
01-09-2009, 11:47 AM
The biggest impact is in the transmission. Shifts much more aggressively. If your in sport mode you better have some room in front of you because it will downshift 2 gears at half throttle. Fairly violent shifts but not crazy, left the torque management between 50 and 75 %.

In drive it feels more responsive overall, more sensitive to the throttle, holds gears, longer, downshifts with less throttle. Smoother shifting than sport mode.

Total power gain was only around 15hp and 15tq from the start of the tune so its not a HUGE jump in power but it is noticable. Obviously as mentioned above the biggest change is the transmission. Going to have to learn how to drive the car over again.

And yes they do mail order tunes. btw way paid $350 for my tune on the dyno.

The responsiveness is what I noticed the most with my tune also. It's like the gas pedal and rear wheels are better connected now. The extra power is noticeable but the tranny changes are what make the biggest difference. Requested power seems to be instantly at the wheels.

PontiacDan
01-09-2009, 10:31 PM
I'll be taking my car down there sometime this year as well. After seeing the majic they worked on my friends 06 GTO, thats making 650rwhp & 700rwtq, they deffinetely have my business for any of my GM vehicles.

Alvin
03-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Hey Ryan,

I just saw this post and wanted to say thanks! Have you had a chance to take it back to the track? If so how did it do?