PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Works wants your input!

Darkside
01-08-2009, 03:11 PM
My car is going in tomorrow to Stainless Works to be the prototype. They will be designing the LT headers and full exhaust with my car. They also mentioned coming out with a couple of axleback systems for the guys that want to change the sound without dropping alot of money.

What systems do you want to see made?

What do you feel is a FAIR price for the different components?

I've already expressed concern over the amount of money current systems cost, as well as droning problems.

G8V8
01-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Some axlebacks that allow some V8 sound without adding drone would be very nice, $350-$450 for a quality, nice-sounding, drone-free set.

BlueJacket
01-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Some axlebacks that allow some V8 sound without adding drone would be very nice, $350-$450 for a quality, nice-sounding, drone-free set.

+1

wreckwriter
01-08-2009, 03:43 PM
It'll be impossible to please everyone with one set of muffs. A "loud" set and a "quiet" set would be great. A couple tip choices would be great too. I personally prefer a single large round tip (like Kooks), many others prefer a dual (like Magnaflow). Those choices should please 90%.

Slizzo
01-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Wreck's hit it there. I prefer the "dual duals" on the stock and magnaflows.

I'd say $300 would be fair for me for a set of axle-backs, but I know that may be asking too much. I won't complain.

Until I figure out whether I want to keep this after lease or buy another in a different color, I'll be going to a full long tube exhaust I think. I need more sound!!!

Darkside
01-08-2009, 07:10 PM
SW usually has the regular mufflers and also the Loud Mother Fucker mufflers (LMF). I agree about the tips. I don't like the dual tips myself. I'm trying to decide between an oval to fill the hole, or one large single tip.

r33pwrd
01-08-2009, 08:06 PM
axle back thats not to loud that has a good sound! most g8 owners i would think are not looking for loud but want to be able to hear the v8! IMO

Chooch
01-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Throatier rumble, a little pop on over run, minimize drone and have a set for 400 or so, I could swing that for axlebacks, with the car used as a family vehicle, got to keep the drone at bay more or less. If I had no use for AFM, then life would be easy, but I like my highway milege I am getting so I have to keep.

Darkside
01-09-2009, 03:29 PM
I left the shop today very happy, and I believe that everyone that responded here will be very pleased. Obviously prototyping takes a little bit of time before the mass products will be ready for release. They will be releasing several choices for tips. I'm going with the double rolled oval single tips to fill the fascia.

GM_Fan
01-09-2009, 06:28 PM
I just want the shipped sets to fit perfectly and Stainless Works to make them right.

I got a set of cat-backs for my GTO from them and they didn't fit right. I wasn't the only person with fitment issues.

norm8332
01-16-2009, 08:45 PM
It's will be good for prices if some more LTs become available. I'm getting them when the snow melts.

Darkside
01-17-2009, 10:59 AM
It should be good for pricing, when I find out more info I'll pass it on. I'm getting very excited to get it back. Hell, I can't wait to see the video they make with it even though it has the winter setup on it.

Ktlplxm
01-17-2009, 12:19 PM
I would prefer quiet as possible (no drone, resonance or anything), and no "double-walled, rolled" style tip. After testing diff tips on a Kooks, I found eliminating that style of tip reduced resonance greatly. Maybe a tip design similar to what is found on different borla systems. If its quiet, I wouldn't mind paying 5-600. After all you get what you pay for when picking up quality parts.

WhyteSS
01-17-2009, 07:00 PM
good to see them enter the game !!!