11-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks Pace for your great pricing on LS3 heads. Just ordered a pair!. :brock:

fixem2
11-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Ported or stock?

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

drumsbh
11-30-2011, 09:18 PM
stock... sending them to forum member G8-4-Speed to be ported and milled.

MIEngineer
11-30-2011, 09:32 PM
I *just* posted in the other thread asking if you got the GM Performance Paerts LS3 heads...but stock + ported works.

Trying to see if anyones gotten them, thats my plan if the car sticks around in the spring...

Greg@PacePerformance
12-01-2011, 03:57 AM
I'm pretty sure we have the non CNC heads in stock. Should have ordered them on Monday and gotten free shipping ;)
Did you request UPS instead of fedex? If so I'll makesure that is how they are shipped.

I plan doing the CNC heads in the winter/spring.

drumsbh
12-01-2011, 06:12 AM
I'm pretty sure we have the non CNC heads in stock. Should have ordered them on Monday and gotten free shipping ;)
Did you request UPS instead of fedex? If so I'll makesure that is how they are shipped.

I plan doing the CNC heads in the winter/spring.

I assume its shipping UPS since I seen the UPS icon. F FedEx, they wont pay for my initial stock heads that were stolen from me. Hence why I just ordered a pair from Pace. I wish I could have swung a pair of the CNC heads, but bank account doesn't allow that at the moment (Baby on the way.)

Eidolon
12-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Glad the loss of your first set hasn't kept you from making another go at it. What kind of gains are you expecting from the heads? No cam swap, right?

I live an hour from Rick (G8-4-Speed) and I have yet to go see him for anything. I need to correct this.

I12XLR8
12-01-2011, 11:03 AM
What kind of gains are you expecting from the heads? No cam swap, right?

+1. Info on gains might get me into trouble though - the more I know the more I spend!

G8-4-Speed
12-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Head porting allows potential just like a cam, just need a good tune and cam to squeeze the 25 hp out of it. The little airflow bump is always a plus and usually see a couple more rpm up top so you can hold a gear a little longer, even it is 100 rpm. The biggest reason I got into porting these heads is cost. Not just for me but for others, it just bothered me to see all the guys spending a $1000+ for CNC'd heads when they the heads they have don't need much to do the same for pennies compared to a new set of cnc'd heads. Then when considering most remove the heads to delete the DoD lifters makes it that much more entertaining to try to make something economical to get the same gains with existing parts. I always push more compression since it is worth a couple more HP and can help with emissions and mpg for those who care. The intake port gets the high casting buldge in the port milled down and the short turn area worked, this cleans up the airflow and adds another 10-20 cfm, then the exhaust gets hogged out which sees the biggest gain. It will pick up 20-30 cfm from .400-.600. If you don't get too greedy with an exhaust lobe, you can cut down your overlap, pick up torque and drivability, and not sacrificing top end power. I prefer the 1 3/4" header or even the DT header for average power with ported heads on street setup. Maybe dynos claim the same or a little better power from 1 7/8 but I didn't see it. The motor just wouldn't accellerate like before with the DT. No matter how many scanning logs and tune changes, it just would show anything faster. Now with the Nitrous, or supercharger, 1 7/8" is a different story.

Brent is dong the cam and heads at the same time or was suppose to be the same time. Crooks should be shot! If I remember right, the cam is a 222/226 .597/.605" 114LSA +2 advance which makes real good power on the street with ported heads. Usually to try and make the same HP you end up using a 230 exhaust lobe on a 112 or 113 LSA which can be a little tuff to tune using a stock converter and idles a bit ruffer. If the tune is right, it should run some low 12's at 115+ in good air.