PDA

View Full Version : Southern WI/Northern IL Track Trip 11/12/2011

bracketracer
11-05-2011, 09:34 AM
As long as the weather forecasts hold our for next Saturday, I am planning to make my last dragstrip trip of the year. I am still trying to decide whether to go to GLD or Byron (leaning to Byron for possibly better track prep). Any other G8 owners interested in joining me? The longrange forecasts are calling for Sunny, and highs in the mid-to-upper-40s. That means cool, dense air, and low Density Altitudes, which equals low ETs and high mphs. Hope some others can be there too!

bracketracer
11-07-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm torn now. Winds are forecast to be SSW at 12-14 mph on Saturday. That means an offset tailwind at GLD, but an offset headwind at Byron. I could be swayed to brave the winds at Byron if others may be coming too.

bracketracer
11-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Well, one of the other GXPs can only make it to GLD, so that is going to be my destination on Saturday. Anyone else joining us?

Woodys GXP
11-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Looks like we will be the only ones there Joe. Guess the others are just too afraid of our awsome skillz! Lol

bracketracer
11-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Alright, forecast for Saturday at Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove is still looking great! They are calling for a high of only 53 degrees, with 70% humidity. That puts us at a Density Altitude of 600 feet or less. Even better is the fact that they are calling for winds up to 18 mph out of the SSW. Hmm, good air & offset tailwind, if we get even decent track prep this day could rock! I'm going!