PDA

View Full Version : V6 exhaust gains?? If any??

LSX
11-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Ok guys, I see lots of threads on axle backs, x-pipes, etc.... well after taking a long look under the car,.. wow, what a factory exhaust. Im not sure any other factory V6 car has as high end exhaust to be honest. To see ANY gains from anything manifold back I would be very surprised. Are there any dyno runs before and after exhaust work? Just curious... Im guess its done for sound more than power on these V6 cars? Looks like more than enough flow there, and I would be willing to bet that front res acts a bit like an X by design....

LSX
11-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Kind of short on any proven data huh?....

Panzer Leader
11-02-2011, 03:36 PM
I have wondered the same thing. But, i want something with a better sound. However, there are some folks who ckaim that a combination CAI and axlebacks = more HP. I would not think more than 15HP at the most.

2lazy4agoodname
11-02-2011, 04:13 PM
There is probably a small gain, but it mostly is just for sound as stated above.

travis gore
11-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Hazer did headers and exhaust. I believe he did a tune as well. I don't believe he posted dyno #'s. you might send him a pm hazer396

Sent from the iPhone 4S

LSX
11-02-2011, 06:29 PM
No biggie, just curious... I can understand doing it for sound. Pretty sweet stock setup... just needs a little tone...

lg68jcu
11-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Like you said the stock setup is pretty good. I was toying around with the idea of adding an H or X pipe and replacing the mid muffler with them. I just installed Dynomax Super Turbos (17733) yesterday on my V6. I saw pretty noticable gains. I have an intake tube and drop in K&N air filter. My vehicle average 0-40 time is 4.15 seconds. With the new mufflers I got 2 runs in yesterday and pulled 3.91 & 4.01. Definitly saw noticable gains. I pulled a 7.1 0-60 as well so thats good for a low 15 quarter. I would suggest just replacing the mufflers if anyone asked my opinion. I posted sound clips as well if anyone is interested.

LSX
11-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Like you said the stock setup is pretty good. I was toying around with the idea of adding an H or X pipe and replacing the mid muffler with them. I just installed Dynomax Super Turbos (17733) yesterday on my V6. I saw pretty noticable gains. I have an intake tube and drop in K&N air filter. My vehicle average 0-40 time is 4.15 seconds. With the new mufflers I got 2 runs in yesterday and pulled 3.91 & 4.01. Definitly saw noticable gains. I pulled a 7.1 0-60 as well so thats good for a low 15 quarter. I would suggest just replacing the mufflers if anyone asked my opinion. I posted sound clips as well if anyone is interested.

Great info! Thanks